Recent retiree and better half. MoHo planned for 2018. (1 Viewer)

harrywolper

Free Member
Jun 5, 2017
HERTFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello everybody!

Me and wife looking to buy MoHo next year depending on other plans. We've had a few MoHo holidays in US & New Zealand so really like the freedom and ability to change your plans on the day. Aiming to buy probably a 4 seater non-Van type - not fully up to speed on forum language just yet.

Anyway just looking for now and trying to gain knowledge from more experienced MoHo people. Happy to help anyone with a bicycle question though..

Regards, Harry & BH

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:ello: :welcome3: to Fun.
Do you mean a panel van conversion? (PVC) I'm sure you'll both love the Motorhoming life, and there are plenty to look at. It's worth going to a big dealership or a motorhome show and sitting in lots of Motorhomes. That way you can narrow it down to the things you want re beds / layout / cooking etc...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Welcome!

Start looking now ....... tyre kicking round the dealers will tell you a lot but leave cheque book and cards at home :)

Then go to a show or two, again just looking - and remember layout and payload are the keys...... You will find many vans are very similar.

How will you use the van? Do you like to sit out in the sun, do you intend to use it for winter sports? Are you planning continental touring (and would you consider a left hand drive - if so go to Germany) or mainly UK? What are your hobbies and do they need space?

We made a list of what we wanted and (just as important) didn't want. On the wanted list we split that on to things that we had to have and things we were BOTH prepared to compromise on.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Welcome, we started out looking last September and learned an awful lot from the good people here and are still learning, so read around the site and ask questions.

Now regarding your offer of help with bikes, I'm trying to change the peddles on my bike, one was no problem, with treads going the right way, anticlockwise to loosen, but the other I can not loosen. Does it loosen the wrong way ?

Thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Harry and BH

The one you say you don't want is a PVC (panel van conversion), the next up is the coach built which still has the van at the front but has a caravan on the back, then you get the A class which is still on a van chassis but the cab is cut off and the caravan bodywork goes all the way to the front and very often finishes in the characteristic big windscreen.

Your choice

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi. Welcome to fun happy and safe travels.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hello and welcome. When looking for a van the three most important things to look for are layout, layout, and layout.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome, we started out looking last September and learned an awful lot from the good people here and are still learning, so read around the site and ask questions.

Now regarding your offer of help with bikes, I'm trying to change the peddles on my bike, one was no problem, with treads going the right way, anticlockwise to loosen, but the other I can not loosen. Does it loosen the wrong way ?

Thanks
To answer your question on pedals, the other one is a left hand thread.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!