Free Member
Sep 16, 2015
South Shields , Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
newbie !!
Hi , we've just had a Maxview Vudome Auto satellite attached to our motorhome now we need a satellite receiver.....any suggestions would be appreciated....we haven't a clue lol xx(n)(n)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
like many others we have a sky receiver box. rather than messing about unplugging and bringing the one from the lounge at home, we pay for an extra room box so have all the same channels in the van. when outside sky coverage footprint we also have a 12v comag box which you can buy loads of places including maplin or ebay cheaply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I use one of this:

Broken Link Removed

I do not have a Sky account, but can be used to receive ALL Sky channels if required without card..... but does need an internet connection to make this work. All FTA channels including HD work.

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I have a 22" Samsung Smart TV bought from Tesco which is 12v with an adaptor for mains - excellent as it has wifi built in etc and I bought a satelite tuner box on ebay for about £15, it looked essentially brand new as described, again 12v, a german build. Coupled with my cheap camping dish using the rubber sticker on the roof all worked well in France though I was not after English channels and would have probably needed a larger dish stood on a tripod.

There are simple cheap solutions out there and at a time of moaning I have to say that I found the service from Tesco and the ebay seller excellent. The only reason I had to buy the tuner is that sometime I have managed to separate the tuner from the rest of the camping satelite kit which I bought from either Lidl or Aldi about 7 years ago for about £50, I think a similar thing is available from Maplins. Next time I sort the garage out I am sure I will find the original tuner now I have replaced it !

Have fun what a great site. Clive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back