Reasons for reclassification rejection (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
PVC conversion
Exp
30+ years

Found it - on this forum
As I said in my original posting, it could be the Seitz windows that DVLA recognised as 'motor caravan' as these and different graphics are about the only differences between my conversion and Otterspotter's conversion? I also deliberately took plenty of photos (from angles to clearly show solar panels, rooflights and TV aerial) and stuck labels (using the exact DVLA wording) on them to show the requirements listed by DVLA?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My van was reclassified ‘van with windows’ and my understanding is that speed limits are not as fast as a motorhome.otherwise nothing different.
As a van with windows is still classed as a goods vehicle it will have different speed limits. But what happens when a van with windows is over 3500kg? Do you then need to use a tacograph and have an operators licence?

Deleted User
As I said in my original posting, it could be the Seitz windows that DVLA recognised as 'motor caravan' as these and different graphics are about the only differences between my conversion and Otterspotter's conversion? I also deliberately took plenty of photos (from angles to clearly show solar panels, rooflights and TV aerial) and stuck labels (using the exact DVLA wording) on them to show the requirements listed by DVLA?
A lot of vans with Seitz type windows have been knocked back by the DVLA. The only difference I can think of is that the graphics on the van that 'passed' had distinct images suggesting countryside, hills etc whereas vans that have failed have had abstract patterns etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
As a van with windows is still classed as a goods vehicle it will have different speed limits. But what happens when a van with windows is over 3500kg? Do you then need to use a tacograph and have an operators licence?
If the van has been converted internally as per the DVLA guidelines then the speed limits that apply are as per a Motor Caravan. This is stated on the DVLA guidelines and I have a copy of an email from the DVLA confirming this.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
A lot of vans with Seitz type windows have been knocked back by the DVLA. The only difference I can think of is that the graphics on the van that 'passed' had distinct images suggesting countryside, hills etc whereas vans that have failed have had abstract patterns etc.
Know 1 van which has mountains tents, even campervan in the graffics and was knocked back. All work certified, electrics, gas and the builder was a carpenter, no way could it be thought to be anything else.

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp

Found it - on this forum
Well good lord. Literally the only thing this van has that ours doesn't is a ruddy mountain graphic on the bonnet! I think we have our answer folks... graphics on all 4 sides!!!?? If that is what they want, why on earth do they do not state it. I'm strongly minded to have another bash, just for the satisfaction of proving a point.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Well good lord. Literally the only thing this van has that ours doesn't is a ruddy mountain graphic on the bonnet! I think we have our answer folks... graphics on all 4 sides!!!?? If that is what they want, why on earth do they do not state it. I'm strongly minded to have another bash, just for the satisfaction of proving a point.
Good luck with that, let us know the outcome.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Hey what's the issue with mountain graphics on the bonet?!!!

Except that they are no darn use when your engines shot!!!

IMG-20210101-WA0011.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter Self Conv
So im in the same boat.

Graphics on three sides but not the bonnet.

Do I have the energy to apply a FOURTH time?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back