rear window insurance claim (problem) (1 Viewer)

village

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILD
Exp
Hi
the rear window of my motor home was broken in a car park. Although the insurance policy states all widows are covered, the insurance company state that as the window is plastic it is not covered so instead of paying 75.00 for window excess they want me to pay 250.00 excess which would affect my no claims bonus affect has anyone had a similar problem or any advice

michael

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi
the rear window of my motor home was broken in a car park. Although the insurance policy states all widows are covered, the insurance company state that as the window is plastic it is not covered so instead of paying 75.00 for window excess they want me to pay 250.00 excess which would affect my no claims bonus affect has anyone had a similar problem or any advice

michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, that is correct. You have windscreen cover which carries the £75 excess but any other claims are subject to the policy excess which in your case is obviously £250. Unfortunately that will affect your no claims bonus so in the long run it might be better to pick up the tab yourself. I presume that you do not have Protected NCB?

Might be better at renewal to talk to Comfort Insurance, their premiums are net and not subject to NCB.

Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back