Rear warning Spain signage novice: question! Again! (1 Viewer)

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Boy you lot are going to be sick of me...! (sorry etd approaching fast, just need to get as many facts straight as poss...)(...and seem to get lots of quick feedback here so thanks again in advance)

So... for driving in Spain I've been advised that I need rear warning plate to hang on rear of double-bike-carrier (diagonal stripes, red/white I think) to I assume "highlight protruding/overhanging load". (Carrier is well clear of number plate/lights btw). I haven't found anything to suggest this anywhere, am I being misled?:Confused:

Thanks
Alistair

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
That is correct, must be fixed on the sticky outest bit of the bikes/luggage.. :thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
buy from most caravan accessory shops or our own Johns cross motorhomes (funsters discount as well).....about a fiver :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If youre getting a new one it might be worth paying the extra for the aluminium one as the plastic one is not legal in Italy (even though its made there :Doh:) Either will do for France / Spain

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I had one on order that didn't arrive on time, so made one out of some white hardboard with painted red stripes and a couple of reflectors - it passed muster in Italy!:thumb:

You can always check hardware stores, or even salvage yards for a piece of aluminium - 2ft square. If painting skills are not good, you can use fablon type plastic - metal will last longer(but pad the back)!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Thanks for your replies

Cheers - Italian tip useful thanks (although I need to get through France and Spain first!!).
Hopefully no special warning stuff required for Yorkshire, which is where my "dry-run" is to on Friday for :Eeek:a week!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Cheers - Italian tip useful thanks (although I need to get through France and Spain first!!).
Hopefully no special warning stuff required for Yorkshire, which is where my "dry-run" is to on Friday for :Eeek:a week!

Dry-Run you expecting sunshine up there then:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back