Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Somewhere on this listing is hopefully a photograph of a rear view camera that is fitted to our Camper. We have just used the Camper for he first time and could not get the camera to work. I have no literature for it, it does not have a makers name on it.

Does anyone know how it works or even how to switch it on. I tried the on button but nothing happened.

I have two more images I could post if required.

Thanks JohnT

Attachments

• ReView Camera (3).jpg
    ReView Camera (3).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

Usually it would only be a rear view camera when the motorhome is in reverse. Sometimes it may take a few seconds to automatically power up and provide a signal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
electrajohnt

electrajohnt

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
No info

There should be a couple more images here now. Only writing is as shown on the back of it.

It is connected to a wire that vanishes into the lining of the roof, I assume it emerges at the camera on the back of the van.

The one thing I have not tried is to sit with the van in reverse and then try to switch the viewer on.

I have tried to switch the viewer on with or without the ignition on without success.

Is there a way of testing the device is live or getting a signal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• ReView Camera.jpg
    ReView Camera.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 31
  • ReView Camera (2).jpg
    ReView Camera (2).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 31
Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
If that cable is going to the rear camera where is the cable to the power socket. Where is it getting its power from?

Mike

OP
OP
electrajohnt

electrajohnt

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Big Job!

If that cable is going to the rear camera where is the cable to the power socket. Where is it getting its power from?

Mike

Hello Mike.

I don't know. I am not sure what I should be looking for. The wire you see goes into the cab roof lining. At the back of the van another wire (I assume it is the same one) emerges from the van body and is connected to the camera.

Having just been looking at a link to ines for sale on ebay the wireless ones seem cheap enough, probably better if I fit one of them and forget this set up if it's going to be a big job to figure it out.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The wireless ones are not free of problems. I had one on a previous MH and it suffered from some interference. Once in France in a town the rear view disappeared to be replaced with a TV picture. Probably from one of those wireless DVD repeaters, they all work on similar frquencies.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have a twin rear view camera and a 7" rear view mirror monitor, at the right hand side on the monitor there are touch buttons, and I can flick between the cameras which ever one I want on, I can see on your monitor the buttons are at the bottom, when you switch your ignition on? after a couple of seconds the monitor should come on if not wired to work in reverse only , try reverse and see if it comes on then, if not try to see what the buttons are for, there must be an on/off button I would have thought, some one more knowledgeable will be along shortly and hopefully you can get it working, I wouldn`t like to be without mine.

Can you see a name on the monitor, ? or Google rear view cameras and see if you can find one like yours with some names, and there is lots of information how they work etc, on the web.
Sorry I cannot help.

Good luck,

Margaret

PS My power comes from the 12volt under the dash, I believe, sometimes power is taken from the reversing light, if it is connected to come on when reverse gear is activated.

Last edited:

mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I had a similar camera on my van it was made by a company called " vision" the camera itself has a habit of failing so that could be Your problem. I took out the camera part and sent it back to the company who tested It and then sent me a replacement. Cost about £100. Also on my van the rear view mirror part will only respond if I use the remote control that comes with it.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
that looks like the same model I have
mine only works when reverse is engadged & it takes a few seconds to power up.

I do know the cable from the screen runs to a box behind the dash & all the wiring is plug n play & black apart from a pink cable switching i prsume & live & earth. this is then connected to the camera.

mine is all behind the dash on the drivers side & once found it cant be missed :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back