Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hi Funsters.
Does anyone use a reversing camera wired so that it gives a permanent rear view when travelling.?
If so, do you use a separate viewing monitor or can they be run through a sat nav with a split screen facility?
And, is the permanent rear view when travelling legal?
An looking to do some possible mods and have both an aguri 720 sat nav and dash cam combo, but also have to run a separate monitor for the rear camera at the moment.
Am looking to try and run the rear camera through the sat nav at same time as sat nav and dash cam.
Thanks Team Funsters

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi I have a dash cam that is a the type that goes over the rear view mirror and has a rear camera that I have set to rear view when traveling, as in our MH the normal rear mirror is a waste of space

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Funsters.
Does anyone use a reversing camera wired so that it gives a permanent rear view when travelling.?
If so, do you use a separate viewing monitor or can they be run through a sat nav with a split screen facility?
And, is the permanent rear view when travelling legal?
An looking to do some possible mods and have both an aguri 720 sat nav and dash cam combo, but also have to run a separate monitor for the rear camera at the moment.
Am looking to try and run the rear camera through the sat nav at same time as sat nav and dash cam.
Thanks Team Funsters
I have a twin rear camera, service camera and front camera, the reversing camera comes on with reverse gear the others I switch on when needed.

Here is what I did, the front camera was added later in the thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hi I have a dash cam that is a the type that goes over the rear view mirror and has a rear camera that I have set to rear view when traveling, as in our MH the normal rear mirror is a waste of space
Thanks Phil. Understand the dash cam and rear camera, but I am wondering if my sat nav screen, which has a built in forward facing dash cam which obviously records to memory but does not visibly show on the sat nav screen when travelling, (only on playback), can be shared at the same time when travelling with the rear camera if it is wired to be permantly in use, giving a view the same as a rear view mirror.
I took by your post reply that you are only running cameras (dash and rear) but no sat nav, through one screen.
Am I correct?
Sorry to be pedantic and thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
I have a twin rear camera, service camera and front camera, the reversing camera comes on with reverse gear the others I switch on when needed.

Here is what I did, the front camera was added later in the thread.
Thanks Lenny for the info.
Bit beyond me your fantastic set up, and I think, looking at your pics, that the cost spent on your van mods is probably more than my entire vans worth! 😁
Will keep pondering, but I sometimes think I overthink things and try and reinvent the wheel!

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi yes that correct, I use a separate Garmin Sat Nav as I don't always use Sat Nav when traveling

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Here is my little effort with cameras, I kept the Sat Nav totally separate from cameras.

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
I have my rear view camera permanently on my Pioneer radio/sat nav with a split screen,but I also tend to use a seperate sat nav (only because the Pioneer is so old I can’t get updates). I find it especially useful when towing the motorcycle as I can keep an eye on it but don’t find it at all distracting.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
We have 2 rear facing cameras wired to its own display that is on with the ignition permanently.
The displays for these cameras a fairly cheap so might be easier to get one of those, it’s fitted on to the rear view mirror.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I have one hi leval rear view camera displayed on the pioneer multimedia system another display on mirror with 2 rear facing (lo and hi) and 1 side/ overtaking all individualy switched. What's a sat nav?

AandA

Free Member
Sep 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
2020 Newbies
We have a Dometic reversing camera (see below) fitted which displays on the Pioneer infotainment system. Does anyone know if there are likely to be enough cable strands to swap it for a 2 camera unit to provide rear view as well as reversing? Thanks in anticipation :happy:
rev cam.JPG

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a Dometic reversing camera (see below) fitted which displays on the Pioneer infotainment system. Does anyone know if there are likely to be enough cable strands to swap it for a 2 camera unit to provide rear view as well as reversing? Thanks in anticipation :happy:
View attachment 436368
If there was an option for a twin camera you may find a second cable behind the panel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back