Bootleg

Free Member
Feb 9, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have finally taken the plunge and purchased a MoHo after 50 years towing a variety of wobble boxes. Only collected it yesterday and had a rather damp misty journey back from the (excellent) dealers near Ross on Wye and when I came to reverse into the garage I couldn't see through the rear view camera - later realised it had been obscured by road dirt sucked up in the vortex at the back. Apart from hopping out to clean it (with a sponge on a long pole ?) have any funsters a helpful solution to keep it clean in murky conditions ? The van is a Bailey Compact 540 by the way.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
our camera is at bumper height and never ( i am pleased to say ) had that problem.. was it clean when you started out?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bootleg

Bootleg

Free Member
Feb 9, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes the van was immaculate when I collected it and was fully demonstrated so it was only due to the road conditions. The camera is fitted very high up over the rear window.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Ours is on the roof, 2.7m never gets dirty.
Still trying to catch the f in spider that keeps building its web in front of it complete with leaf.
Turn on the engine before the final flight check before the off, camera comes on, then have to get out again to remove said leaf grrr.

Upvote 0

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Make a little plastic cowl for it ?
I have made one for My twin cameras as they suffer from paint peel and corrosion over time due to the elements.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
I have exactly the same trouble with mine which sounds like it is fitted in a similar position, so you're not alone and it's not peculiar to your van. I haven't found a solution and I'm not sure a cowl would help as the muck seems to be driven onto the lenses from underneath.
I try and stop prior to parking up so that I can give it a quick wipe. Being 6'2" helps and I can just reach it at a stretch.

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Ours is on the roof, 2.7m never gets dirty.
Still trying to catch the f in spider that keeps building its web in front of it complete with leaf.
Turn on the engine before the final flight check before the off, camera comes on, then have to get out again to remove said leaf grrr.
Off da grid, you can get a spider repellent spray from garden centres just waiting to get some when local center restocks, I need it for our cctv as the little buggers keep spinning webs over the lens .

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Cling film before you start then rip it off before you start to reverse. Easy peasy ?

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Cling film really is the tool of the devil. Only to be used by wimmins in kitchens who know what they’re doing.
I think you'll find that the skill to make use of it declines once men reach an age when stretching it over lavatory bowls ceases to appeal.

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
What’s the spray called please.
we’ve got them in the side mirrors as well.
The buzz 5.99 from Amazon but Google it there's loads I know quality save have it but no knowing when it will be in store

Upvote 0

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
I was using stuff from screwfix. It`s about 500mm wide on a roll, clear or blue, actually for protecting carpets and flooring when decorating, similar to clingfilm. As my camera is just above the high level brake light had to cover both at same time. As the brake light is led the camera shows the brake light to be flickering when brakes applied but it`s just a reflection, an optical ballution!
Only did it until a small leak at the cable entry point for camera was sealed. Still got fogged up, dont really think its the answer but it was water tight.
Could you not strap the good lady to back of van or perch her on your bike rack if you have 1? You put your head out the window and shout `Wipe me off now` .
Its an option.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back