rear view camera, can't see rear left/right corners (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
Hi, i recently bought a very expensive rear/ back view camera that looks behind when driving and looks down when reversing.the trouble is, when i reverse , the camera only shows me a sort of fisheye directly behind but the rear corners i cant see. this leads me to not trust whats behind me when i reverse so my wife has to jump out and see me back. i have just had rear sensors fitted but havnt tried them properly yet. anyone else had similar problems?
Rob and Odette

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
First of all I assume you are using the wide angle view for the reversing view and the narrow angle for the rear view mirror function. No need to re wire if the wrong way round, just readjust the cameras. The other problem may be the camera is mounted too low, most are designed to be fitted high up. Your avatar shows a coachbuilt so should be able to get it high enough, can be a problem with a low vehicle like a VW. Good luck.

OP
OP
Warmleys
Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
Thanks for your reply. the camera is one that doesnt move but the softwars sends back the 2 different views. was really expensive too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: 68c

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Possibly a bit late now but we went for a 360 4 camera system,

IMG_3593 2.jpg

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Thanks for your reply. the camera is one that doesnt move but the softwars sends back the 2 different views. was really expensive too.
If it’s a Camos Jewel 2 the backplate of the camera can be installed in two positions...depending how high it is, thus changing the viewing angle.

Maybe spin the backplate 180 and see if that improves your reversing view.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I fitted a twin lens camera and it works fine, when in reverse I can see both corners easily in so much that I can
Comfortable back up to 1 inch if I have too, it automatically goes to the second camera when I drive forward,
Also have two side cameras that come on with the indicators for blind spot usage,
On tight narrow roads I pull the mirrors in and just use the side cameras,

OP
OP
Warmleys
Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
If it’s a Camos Jewel 2 the backplate of the camera can be installed in two positions...depending how high it is, thus changing the viewing angle.

Maybe spin the backplate 180 and see if that improves your reversing view.
yes it is a camos jewel 2. Thanks for the advice

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow, now thats what I should have gone for. Could I ask how much please
I had put it to the back of my mind ;) But between £2k and £2.5k I think depending on wether you go for standard or HD and then we went overboard and had two screens(y) it’s Camos Omni-Vue 360 from Trailervision.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back