Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Used ours just once or twice & never noticed any difference so we don't bother now.
Should just take them off but haven't got around to it yet.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mine is 7.3m long and I put down the steadies when I am told by SWMBO. She alleges that my heavy footed movements when answering the call of nature in the night wake her up otherwise.

Unfortunately one of my steadies broke whilst in the Aire at Elvas a few weeks ago and SWMBO was not pleased at all. Would any of you who don't use yours be willing to donate them to me please - they need to be the SMV ones for them to fit.

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
We have an extra van jack, bought on ebay. Only an extra 2 or 3 kg to carry. Much lighter & cheaper than a set of steadies. Also useful as extra jacking security if you have to fit the spare at any time.
Barrie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
7.4m, long overhang no indication of needing steadies, doesn't rock when we move about. It is on an Alko chassis so torsion bar suspension and wider track, I wonder if that makes a difference.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
7 metre old van so I use an old scissor jack under tow bar and note on steering wheel. I don't want any extra weight right at the back of the van by having steadies fitted. Also as already mentioned it's an extra jack

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
WE have a Bailey 745 which is 7.5m long and havn't felt the need for steadies.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
@Daveo2006
We also have an Apache 700 SE and we usually steady the rear (sometimes front also)for a really comfortable night.
I bought the really lightweight screw up steadies which take a minute to put under and lightly screw up to the chassis - great stability. I use a small square off cut of wood underneath to spread the weight and voila.
Broken Link Removed
Don't be put off by the lowers being plastic/composite they are more than strong enough, and four in a set too.(y)

Hope it helps,

Trikeman.;)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
@Daveo2006
We also have an Apache 700 SE and we usually steady the rear (sometimes front also)for a really comfortable night.
I bought the really lightweight screw up steadies which take a minute to put under and lightly screw up to the chassis - great stability. I use a small square off cut of wood underneath to spread the weight and voila.
Broken Link Removed
Don't be put off by the lowers being plastic/composite they are more than strong enough, and four in a set too.(y)

Hope it helps,

Trikeman.;)
Try again: thanks for the lead, ordered Thursday they arrived today and pleased with steadies. Been meaning to order some as fixed ones we have are not easy to put down and always covered in dirt, can now remove them (I hope).

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
We used to use the axle stand type , but had a tow bar fitted and had the fixed ones fitted . Stunning use them all the time ,saves crawling under the van for the axle type ones.

Does make a difference to the van moving as you walk around

Matt

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Useful for the younger generation if it stops the rocking that occurs when doing naughty things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back