jenna54

Free Member
Aug 25, 2017
west dorset
Funster No
MH
compass navigator vwt4
Exp
i think i need to replace my rear springs van is looking rear heavy problem is where do i go or even look to find out more YES you are right hopeless at anything mechanical

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Google for Grayston spring assisters to see if they do a set of coil spring assisters for your make/model of vehicle.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
First what base vehicle is it?
Does it have an alko rear chassis? If so there will not be leaf springs on rear axle.
Have you weighed rear axle on weighbridge, if so what was weight and what is plated weight? Somewhere you will have a plate that shows front axle weight, rear axle weight, total weight and train weight. Often on crossmember under bonnet. Converter may have added 2nd plate or even 3 rd plate.

With more info am sure replies will come in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If you are on the original chassis (not alko) Then I can highly recommend Jones Springs.
http://www.jones-springs.co.uk/

I bought a set of 2 leaf heavy duty springs for my Fiat Ducato. My Garage charged my £50 to fit them.

The difference it made was incredible.

People advised I bought spring assisters or air suspension. But I felt this would just be masking the fact that the original springs were knackered and not up to the job of being at full load 100% of the time. The new springs have now been on for 3 years and the back end is still as high as when they were first fitted and looking very perky (y)...

OP
OP
jenna54

jenna54

Free Member
Aug 25, 2017
west dorset
Funster No
MH
compass navigator vwt4
Exp
thank you gromett i have had someone look and they are going to b reeplaced now