Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There to all who saw my previous thread about buying a MH
privately I have started to purchase the Chausson I was interested in.

I will want to protect the back and was thinking of putting on a gull wing bumper on it a bit like the one on my preasent MH.

Does anyone know of a decent fabricator of these items near to Southampton?

Many Thanks Tony

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
A full width towbar will give good protection and even if no towing needed it would be ideal for a bike rack or box carrier that may make storage better

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Have you considered reversing sensors?
Hi Alex tell you the truth I was thinking about going overkill and fitting both LOL, but you are right that might be a better solution and a lighter one at that.
BestWishes Tony

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if the van is newer than 2012, you will find that you can't fit non type approved towbars. The approved ones are often only between the chassis rails with no extension to the sides. Theoretically if you had a towbar fitted with a flange type ball, you could bolt on a suitably drilled length of steel box section using the towball holes. Then it is only 2 bolts to remove for the MOT test

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
The centre portion of the rear panel on the Chausson will have four moulded round spots for fitting reversing sensors.

It's an easy fit as the reversing light is readily accessible to tap into for the power. I've just fitted these to my Chausson 530.

Amazon product ASIN B07PSDYRQL

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
I know it is a long way from you but look on armitages at pontefract on there web site they did me a stainless steel covered rear protection bar with a tow ball to put bike rack on but not to tow with stops you catching the back .

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
It's an easy fit as the reversing light is readily accessible to tap into for the power. I've just fitted these to my Chausson 530.
How long is the lead from the control unit to the buzzer, will it reach the cab or does it need extending?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The centre portion of the rear panel on the Chausson will have four moulded round spots for fitting reversing sensors.

Amazon product ASIN B07PSDYRQL
I found that the ford wiring has a blanked off wire for a second reversing light on the other side which was easier than fiddling around on the existing light fitting.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
My reversing sensors are zero use to be honest, and they are manufacture fitted. The camera is far better, and the reverse sensors would be even worse without a camera as each time they go off you wouldn’t know that they were telling you lies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back