Rear Passenger Seat Belts - France (1 Viewer)

Slackhouse

Free Member
Sep 19, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
Exp
One
Hi - Is it required that rear passengers wear seat belts if they are sat on sideways facing seats? We are going to France in July and our Daughter wants to travel back with us. We have sideways facing lounge seats in our AutoTrail Mohican. Any advice or expierences would be appreciated.
Thanks

Pete

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi

I do know that in the UK, on a MH manufactured after October 2007, rear seats may only be occupied by passengers if there are designated, ie belted seats for them.
Before that date, anything goes, apparently.::bigsmile:

I have no idea whether this is in force across Europe though.......................

Sorry to not be of much help, but at least this post will keep the thread at the top of the list......:Sad:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
As long as all passengers are belted up when travelling you should not have a problem. Remember to carry reflective jackets for all passengers as if you have to leave your rig and get out onto the road you must be wearing them.
Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi
I do know that in the UK, on a MH manufactured after October 2007, rear seats may only be occupied by passengers if there are designated, ie belted seats for them.
Before that date, anything goes, apparently.::bigsmile:
Hi Pete, there is the answer.

Your British built Autotrail will have a European type approval, and whatever the laws were regarding unbelted passengers in side facing seats, at the time of build, these are the laws that apply to your MH. The new law regarding the same issue, from October 2007, is not applied retrospectively, and only applies to vehicles from that build date, (as explained to me, by an experienced officer from the Cambridgeshire Police Traffic unit).

Also, laws that apply to your vehicle, in your country of origin within the EU, should be accepted as law, when visiting another country within the EU. "A" frames being a good example of what I mean.

HTH,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back