LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone found & fitted any good mudflaps on the rear coachbuilt part of their motorhome?
Can only find ones that fit on the rear panel rather than next to the rear wheels. Tried some univeral type ones from eBay but can't fix them effectively due to their shape & design not being quite right :Doh: Rang a few dealers who have suggested buying large squares & cutting to fit - has anyone tried this successfully?

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
I bought a couple of mats similar to these and just cut them to the required size. They are held onto the chassis just behind the wheel by two aluminum brackets. I added two metal cross pieces (one to each flap) to the mats to give added weight. They've been on now for coming up to three years and still good as new.

Broken Link Removed

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am lucky as mine are fitted as standard.
Have a look at "truck mud flaps uk" on Google. Some interesting brackets that my be suitable here. Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I had two fitted by the HGV garage that looks after the motorhome servicing for me. They cut flaps from the 'clear-pass' rubber material (a bit like black astro-turf) that is used on HGVs and bolted them to one of the steel cross members just above and behind the rear wheels. Not a cheap job but very effective.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back