rear marking for towing in Spain (1 Viewer)

derekp

Free Member
Sep 19, 2010
Funster No
Hi,
I am going off to Spain for the first time in my rv and will be towing a car (on an 'A' frame) and am aware of the regs and have copy explainations should I be stopped. What I dont seem to be able to get a difinitive answer on if If I have to display the red and white striped board together with the long vehicle yellow and red marker.
Anyone able to help please?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I use the yellow and orange striped boards

Hi,
I am going off to Spain for the first time in my rv and will be towing a car (on an 'A' frame) and am aware of the regs and have copy explainations should I be stopped. What I dont seem to be able to get a difinitive answer on if If I have to display the red and white striped board together with the long vehicle yellow and red marker.
Anyone able to help please?

I use the yellow and orange diagnal reflective stripe boards across the back on my trailer and a 90 in a circle. plus number plate with the GB on it.

Double set of lights in case of bulb failure.

But it is still illegal to tow a car on an A frame in Spain regardless what some will tell you. OK having to unhook if you get stopped and fined. But they can tow the car into a compound if they want. If you get stopped and fined on the spot and then sneak back to hook up and then try again and the same police officer stops you.. you will be wanting that bail bond as it then becomes an arrestable offence. Your risk.

Can lead a horse to water, but cannot make him drink is what comes to mind.

Bob:Eeek:
Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I had missed the 'A' frame bit if you want to rely on a piece of paper that someone has given you to say its legal - forget it. If stopped its not worth the paper its written on when it comes to a fine etc. Spain i think view it with - nationals of the country are not allowed to tow anything unless its on the appropriate trailer - e.g. car all four wheels off the ground so why should they take flak from local nationals because some Brits decide to do their own thing, and i think we do it over here because the powers that be have not decided yet wether its legal or not so its still a grey area.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
fully agree with you

I had missed the 'A' frame bit if you want to rely on a piece of paper that someone has given you to say its legal - forget it. If stopped its not worth the paper its written on when it comes to a fine etc. Spain i think view it with - nationals of the country are not allowed to tow anything unless its on the appropriate trailer - e.g. car all four wheels off the ground so why should they take flak from local nationals because some Brits decide to do their own thing, and i think we do it over here because the powers that be have not decided yet wether its legal or not so its still a grey area.

Could not have said it better myself... spot on 101%

Bob:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Spanish Law on Mptorhomes ( In English )

download here Link Removed

an extract re towing

Have also made consultations on the possibility that a motor home traveling to tow a car, that possibility is prohibited by Article 9.3 of the General Rules of vehicles that will not allow movement of a motor vehicle dragging to another, except that this is damaged or injured and can not be dragged by another specifically intended for that purpose, in which case it is allowed to drag their town or village nearest where you can be detained without hindering the movement and provided they are not traveling by highway or freeway .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back