Rear lounge, 4 berth, 4 belted seats (1 Viewer)

Santa the camper

Free Member
Jul 16, 2018
Funster No
Hi.
We have recently decided to joint the world of motorhomes, so very please to find this helpful site.... Looking for a bit of advice.. we have decided that we would like 4 berth, bed over cab.
And a rear lounge.... Also need 4 belted seats.... This seems to be a problem... Can belts be added legally and practically to the rear lounge seats?.. thanks very much

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi.
We have recently decided to joint the world of motorhomes, so very please to find this helpful site.... Looking for a bit of advice.. we have decided that we would like 4 berth, bed over cab.
And a rear lounge.... Also need 4 belted seats.... This seems to be a problem... Can belts be added legally and practically to the rear lounge seats?.. thanks very much

Do you have a budget in mind ??
Also.. how is your license as anything over 3500kg needs a C1 entitlement.

There are several vans that fit your description, like my Autotrail Apache 700 (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Santa the camper

Free Member
Jul 16, 2018
Funster No
Hopefully we will get what we need within a 27 k ish budget..
Fortunately passed my test just in time so ok with the vehicle size.
Thanks I will look at the Apache 700
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hopefully we will get what we need within a 27 k ish budget..
Fortunately passed my test just in time so ok with the vehicle size.
Thanks I will look at the Apache 700
Cheers

You should find something nice within that budget (y) I have a 2012 model but up at around £35k..

Look at.
Autotrail scout.
Apache 700
Suntor / sundance 630l

There will be others but my mind has gone blank.. The rear lounge is very much a British type layout.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
. Also need 4 belted seats.... This seems to be a problem...

One you might not have thought of - weight. 4 bodies can be very heavy compared to the payload on offer.

Adding seatbelts - just about impossible legally. You can't certify them.

We had a Burstner 530 with 6 seat belts but there was no way to carry the load of 6 adults.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I would consider renting one first to see if the layout really suits you. we have a fixed bed at the rear, its low profile and has a dinette at the front which can seat six, and a total of four belted seats. we find the fixed bed at the rear is great and the dinette gives us an extra double if ever needed. any more than that and we would use the awning, which still hasn't been used !!

the point I am making is that until you've used one, you might not realise what suits you best.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am another believer in hiring before buying, it can really focus your mind. If you intend taking children thos vans with a rear lounge and front dinette or half dinette gives the opportunty for them and us space, but, no or little out door storage, so bikes if taken would need to go on a rack. Have a really good look round at the dealers, try out the beds then go hire a similar model for a couple of days, taking the those who will travel with you. We hired a cople befor making our big purchase, we had the van for 5 years. So many chose the wrong layout to start with and end up changing.

Upvote 0

saltire

Free Member
Jul 17, 2018
Funster No
I purchased my first motorhome two years ago which was a 4 berth rear lounge model. One year later it was part exchanged against a 4 berth rear twin beds model with a large garage which suits us much better. So hiring before you buy is sound advice which would have saved me a bit of dosh.
Kenny.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I was told there is no such thing as a daft question, just a question asked by someone daft .... or at least I think that's what they said ..

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2018
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Caravanning since 1987, Motorhoming since 2018
We have just started Motorhoming after 30 years with a Caravan. Went to look ant our local dealer for ideas (Spinney) and the wife fell in love with a 2010 Apache 700 SE.
End Lounge (large double), 4 seater dinette (All belted, smaller double), and over cab bed (double).
From the dealer this was 36k, but privately, should be less, but I believe that this model has been around since 2006, so you should be able to find one in your budget.

Peter.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back