Rear light cluster removal (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Well, just purchased a Globecar globesout after a good deal of research. The electric closing side door making a real difference. Not having to slam it shut.

However, I’ve just looked at the rear lights and how to change a bulb, should it be be necessary. There are access holes, but I cannot see how the heck the cluster can be removed. Has anyone ever had to do this?

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Yes, I've had to do it on my Campscout. The light cluster is held on by 2 nuts, which can be reached via those access holes. There should be a dedicated socket for it in the tool kit, but it's a 17mm nut and a standard socket can be used.

On mine, I had to unscrew a hatch on the back of the gas locker to reach the manufacturer's access hole.

Paul

Deleted User
There are 2 nuts of some kind just about accessible behind the openings if you can get at the openings, try looking with a torch.

Unfortunately on our Globecar both these openings are at least partially covered, I have not attempted the very tricky job of removing them yet, or the even trickier job of getting them back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
I have not attempted the very tricky job of removing them yet, or the even trickier job of getting them back!

I wasn't looking forward to the job, but it turned out to be very easy. Just needed to feel around for the nuts and undo them, and the cluster just pulled straight out. It was a very quick job fortunately, as I'm not good with mechanical things usually!

OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Thank you both..

The close proximity of the bed furniture is the problem. A mirror and torch are a good idea. I suspect that I will have to get some random female who has smaller paws to access the area.

Having had a caravan with primary school fittings and later a coachbuilt, I naively thought a more commercial layout would be better designed.

It’s interesting that there is no YouTube video on how to complete the task.

Deleted User
I wasn't looking forward to the job, but it turned out to be very easy. Just needed to feel around for the nuts and undo them, and the cluster just pulled straight out. It was a very quick job fortunately, as I'm not good with mechanical things usually!
Thank you both..

The close proximity of the bed furniture is the problem. A mirror and torch are a good idea. I suspect that I will have to get some random female who has smaller paws to access the area.

Having had a caravan with primary school fittings and later a coachbuilt, I naively thought a more commercial layout would be better designed.

It’s interesting that there is no YouTube video on how to complete the task.

Arelatively simple job made difficult by very restricted access to the openings due to the internal cupboards.

Need to be contortionist to even get my hands in the holes:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back