Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Hi @MichaelT
I don't think it would be financially viable.
by the time & cost ,that they dismantle it off the chassis , then reconstruct the new body etc , that's if they could get the new parts from Swift .
No would have to be a factory option I think.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That's horrible

Gutted for you, insurance can go so far but the hassle is never covered sadly

Good luck

Eddie

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am coming late to this, so this advice is past its sell-by date, but might be useful to others in the future.

Assuming you know the company operating the refuse truck, I would have claimed directly against them as a company/local authority and let them notify their Third Party insurers. The owners of the refuse truck are liable in law regardless of insurance.

That way in a Civil Claim you could recover all your costs, whether they are covered in your policy or not, including a lot of incidental expenses.

The procedure I recommend when taking this route is that, as required by a policy, you notify your own insurers of the accident, but in all communications you emphasise that you are not, at this stage, claiming on your own policy, but reserve the righ to do so - a precaution in case the owner of the truck goes bust.

It would still be open to you to claim any costs not covered by your insurers from the other party, but according to the amounts might not be cost effective.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back