Rear bumper for the van wanted (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Due to a slight accident - not my fault - I need a replacement rear bumper for the Carioca 656. Does anyone have an idea where this can be sourced. If this is not readily available, I will let the insurance deal with it. I also need a new bike rack but this is readily available. The other party will foot the bill.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I assume from what you said , that you and the van are ok.

Good luck with sourcing the parts Dave.Link Removed

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I assume from what you said , that you and the van are ok.

Good luck with sourcing the parts Dave.Link Removed

The van was parked outside the house. Eds son in law hit it with his works van - low speed. Looks like just the bumper and bike rack need replacing. will have a better look later. I could not see any other damage when I looked this morning.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The van was parked outside the house. Eds son in law hit it with his works van - low speed. Looks like just the bumper and bike rack need replacing. will have a better look later. I could not see any other damage when I looked this morning.

Hi,

Cant help with the bumper, but if you phone Darren or one of the other staff, they can supply a new Bike Rack no probs.

01-580-881288 is the number or Welcome to Johns Cross Motorcaravan & Camping Centre and follow the shop link

Regards

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks all for you replies. On further inspaction of the van, it looks like it will be left to the insurance companies to sort out. One of the bottom bunk supports has moved about 2" and has split. That needs to be replaced. There is an inch long gash in the insulation where the support has dug into it. God knows what the damage would haved been if the bikes were on the back and the bottom bunk in the up posistion. It looks like it will cost well over £1000 to replace and repair everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi 656 i know its too late now:RollEyes: but have a tow bar fitted usefull if anyone bumps your rear they usaully come worst off:Doh: i always have have one on the car! especially with that plastic at the rear off motorhomes

ray

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just heard from the Swift Group re the bumper cost

Retail price £466.20 plus £20.00 carriage plus V.A.T