Really really sorry, but chemical toilet question! (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Cant find this on a search but here goes!
I read somewhere that the blue stuff shouldn't be added until you are ready to go away.

So to keep the loo smelling fresh when not in use, can I add a washing bio tablet now, then add the blue when we are going away?

I'm thinking its a double dose and one will cancel out the other.

I'm not sure if I can add the blue now but leave in 2 weeks?

Its a Thetford cassette loo.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I only use Blue and wash out every time as soon as I return so leave blue in tank for however long I am not away for, which is not normally longer than 2-3 weeks though.(y);)

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
we just leave a bit of water and blue in...........although we get away every 2nd or 3rd weekend so not a long spell in between, so far so good....

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We don't leave anything in it when it's not being used and just use blue when we're away and going to use it.

We then give it a good rinse out when we're leaving for home and have ever noticed any smells.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
For many years I used the blue stuff but got fed up with it staining, I also got nagged by my daughters to use some that was green and kind to the planet, so I started using the green liquid. I didn't find that this worked as well as the blue stuff though. Last year I started using the biological washing liquid and find this much better than the "proper" blue or green liquids. I use the washing liquid cap and put 1 or 2 capfuls of the liquid into the cassette. I don't add any water as I can't see any sense in part filling the cassette before we start. I find this works for us

Cheers

Trevor

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Come on, it's been a while since we last posted this.

Personally I use blue, lots of it as I want my poop to completely break down and never smell.

Then rinse, bleach, rinse and then it doesn't smell when parked up. Also leave the flap very slightly open to air and never any stinks.

As to the thing about good bacteria, it's not a actimel with L Casei Danone, it's poop, with germs and some secret stinky ingredients that makes it STINK!!!!

Lots of blue, lots of bleach when parking up, lots of rinsing, job done:)

Upvote 0
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Come on, it's been a while since we last posted this.

Personally I use blue, lots of it as I want my poop to completely break down and never smell.

Then rinse, bleach, rinse and then it doesn't smell when parked up. Also leave the flap very slightly open to air and never any stinks.

As to the thing about good bacteria, it's not a actimel with L Casei Danone, it's poop, with germs and some secret stinky ingredients that makes it STINK!!!!

Lots of blue, lots of bleach when parking up, lots of rinsing, job done:)

I'm just about to sit down and have my chuffin' dinner and I just watched that! Thanks.!

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think you can gather from the above replies @Cliffdale, that you can find a way that works for you. Leaving some blue in with a litre of water, when not using it doesn't seem to do any harm ( 10 years experience) but of course you could just leave it well rinsed out.
Following threads on here, I started on the bio washing liquid last year and found it worked well but didn't leave a fresh amount in the empty tank, I thought it might just solidify a bit. ( over a couple of months inactivity)

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We use the bio tablets but don't think it does such a good job regarding the odour problem, someone mentioned adding a splash of Zoflora but I'm concerned it would undo the work of the bio tabs ?

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
And just so we're a 100% sure, we mean this seal......
IMG_3556.JPG

Lubricated with something suitable such as this........
IMG_3557.JPG

And not this seal that's difficult to catch and probably doesn't need any lubracating at all:)
IMG_3558.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Does the Blue toilet chemical still contain that evil, environment damaging stuff that they have banned in Germany?

Just wondering

JJ :cool:
Probably. Not any good using the blue if it is emptied in to a septic tank. kills everything.:(

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back