Free Member
May 29, 2017
Madrid
Funster No
MH
Will rent one
Exp
3-4 times last 5 years
Hello everybody. New in the forum and new in this motorhome world. I discovered it too late unfortunatelly. Planning to rent a motorhome to go to England and Scothland with the family this summer. Any recommendation?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello Cesar and welcome to the Fun :hiya:
I discovered it too late unfortunatelly.
Late, but not 'too' late!
The main recommendation - enjoy your motorhoming!

If you're asking for recommendations about who to rent from, sorry I can't help with that.

But f you're looking for recommendations about your trip, maybe you could give us some information on a few things, such as:
  • How long do you have for your trip?
  • Will there be one person driving, or two? How long would you want to drive in a day?
  • Do you think you want to stay in one place for a few days at a time, or move on every day or second day?
  • How many people are travelling in your family, and what ages?
  • What do you like to do? - do you want to stay on sites with full facilities including bar, restaurant, gym, swimming pool, etc; or do you want something very basic with just water and waste disposal; or something in-between?
  • Do you want to 'wild-camp' (not staying on sites).
  • Do you prefer to visit towns, or the countryside?
  • Do you like walking, or canoeing, or visiting castles, or shopping?
And so on! Really, I suppose - what are the important things to your family in a holiday?

Whatever you do, I hope you all have a really wonderful holiday :D

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

OP
OP
C

Cesar

Free Member
May 29, 2017
Madrid
Funster No
MH
Will rent one
Exp
3-4 times last 5 years
Thank you everybody for your warm welcome. I see a lot of good friends in this community.
For the planned trip, I plan to rent a motorhome in London for 12 or 14 days, so if you know of a good company where to rent one, I would thank you a lot. We will be four. My wife and my two sons, 19 and 17 years old. We are thinking about renting a six places one, just to have good space.
Regarding the trip, my initial plan is: London (2 or 3 days in hotel), Canterbury, Brighton, Lyndhurst (although being spanish, my wife was born there), Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon- Edimburg, and the rest of the days getting lost in the Highlands.
Our interests:
- Harry Potter (my family is crazy about him!)
- Landscape & photograph
- Watch Puffins
- maybe some canooing as well
- drink a couple of beers in a nice pub at night
We were thinking about staying outside camping places, but I heard there are quite a lot of limitations in UK. Is that true? I was recommended to join the caravaningclub because they have special camping sites. Is it worth?

Anyway. This is a starting point. I hope I am not annoying you with so much writting!

Thank you very much for your suggestions, and please excuse my misspellings. I guess I need to improve my english.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back