Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
The road looks wet
The sky looks overcast
The guy next door doesn't look busy either
I like the sticker visible through next door's pitch. Clever shot framing!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hope Saturday was busier than Friday for you both....
Not looking hopeful on the weather today at all..

Pack up and take Sian for Sunday lunch is my suggestion....

ps... At least our fun member is happy and smiling, not like the misery next door.. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's very wet.
The sky is black
No one is busy because no one is here yet. Maybe if it brightens up a bit some motorhome enthusiasts will venture out and Sian will be able to ambush them with a smile and a flyer :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
GO ON JIM / SIAN... See how many you try..

THINGS YOU CAN DO WHEN BORED..

Blink wildly and then close your eyes really tight for an interesting light show
(Amusement Potential: 1-5 minutes)
See a variety of blobs, stars and flashes. Try to make out shapes and see if your subconscious is trying to send you a message (perhaps that funny shape is saying, 'send all your money to urban75.com'?)

See how long you can hold a note
(Amusement Potential: 4-20 minutes)
Not that much fun, but it sure passes the time. Play with a friend, or try to beat your own personal best. Inhale deeply and then try and make a noise for as long as you can. Earn extra points for making your partner laugh or ending on an amusing note.

Try to not think about penguins
This is especially hard, because by trying too much, you remember what you were trying to avoid thinking of. If you try too little, you end up thinking about penguins anyway.

Use your secret mind power
(Amusement Potential: 5-10 minutes)
Pick a passing by and try to use your mind power to command them do something, like drop their bag or knock into someone. The law of averages dictates that sooner or later one of your mind commands will come true, so you can convince yourself that you really have super human powers and waste even more time trying them out.

Pretend you're a robot
(Amusement Potential: 1-3 minutes)
Walk down the street with mechanical movements, adding 'zzzzzt' sounds with each motion. Pretending to have a motor broken in, say, your left hand can add at least 30 seconds more entertainment.

Scratch yourself
Go ahead, scratch yourself now. Even if nothing itches, go ahead. Doesn't that feel pretty good?

Rate passers by (this one may be hard)
(Amusement Potential: 10-15 minutes)
Secretly award passers by marks out of ten as you go along, offering (unsaid) expert criticism over their clothing, hairstyle and footwear choices.

Repeat the same word over and over until it loses its meaning
Pick a random word out of a magazine and say it aloud to yourself until it becomes a meaningless set of noises.

Pinch yourself
What is pain? Why is it unpleasant? There's nothing physical about it - it's all in your mind. Plus, after pinching yourself for awhile, boredom will seem nice next to being in pain.

Try to swallow your tongue
(Amusement Potential: 1-2 minutes)
There's not much to say about this one. It is possible, but really stupid.

Pretend to be a car
Make appropriate revving noises in your head as you walk along and add a racing commentary as you pass strangers in the street. Use blinking eyes as indicators for extra authenticity.

Make Star Trek door noises
Stand by an electric door to a bank or something and make that silly "Scccccccchwop" sound heard whenever people popped on to the bridge to hang with Captain Kirk.

Look at something for awhile, shut eyes, study after image
(Amusement Potential: 2-5 minutes)
Another great time waster. It takes about 30 seconds of staring to create an after image, and the image is then viewable for about the same length of time. Fun to combine this one with pushing on your eyes.

Get yourself as nauseated as possible
Best achieved by looking straight up and spinning around. Try to be so dizzy you can't even stand up. This is also entertaining due to the "makes boredom seem a lot better" effect (see "Hurt Yourself").

Invent a weird twitch
Adopt a bizarre twitch (e.g. flicking your head irregularly, twitching with eye or busting out sporadic cough noises) and try it out when you go shopping.

Make a low buzzing noise
(Amusement Potential: 15-30 minutes)
Hours of fun in libraries! Keeping a totally straight face and looking nonchalant, make a low pitch humming/buzzing noise and see who reacts.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sunday morning Steve,

GO ON JIM / SIAN... See how many you try..

THINGS YOU CAN DO WHEN BORED..

Blink wildly and then close your eyes really tight for an interesting light show
See a variety of blobs, stars and flashes. Try to make out shapes and see if your subconscious is trying to send you a message (perhaps that funny shape is saying, 'send all your money to urban75.com'?)

See how long you can hold a note
(Amusement Potential: 4-20 minutes)
Not that much fun, but it sure passes the time. Play with a friend, or try to beat your own personal best. Inhale deeply and then try and make a noise for as long as you can. Earn extra points for making your partner laugh or ending on an amusing note.

Try to not think about penguins
This is especially hard, because by trying too much, you remember what you were trying to avoid thinking of. If you try too little, you end up thinking about penguins anyway.

Use your secret mind power
Pick a passing by and try to use your mind power to command them do something, like drop their bag or knock into someone. The law of averages dictates that sooner or later one of your mind commands will come true, so you can convince yourself that you really have super human powers and waste even more time trying them out.

Pretend you're a robot
Walk down the street with mechanical movements, adding 'zzzzzt' sounds with each motion. Pretending to have a motor broken in, say, your left hand can add at least 30 seconds more entertainment.

Scratch yourself
Go ahead, scratch yourself now. Even if nothing itches, go ahead. Doesn't that feel pretty good?

Rate passers by (this one may be hard)
(Amusement Potential: 10-15 minutes)
Secretly award passers by marks out of ten as you go along, offering (unsaid) expert criticism over their clothing, hairstyle and footwear choices.

Repeat the same word over and over until it loses its meaning
Pick a random word out of a magazine and say it aloud to yourself until it becomes a meaningless set of noises.

Pinch yourself
What is pain? Why is it unpleasant? There's nothing physical about it - it's all in your mind. Plus, after pinching yourself for awhile, boredom will seem nice next to being in pain.

Try to swallow your tongue
There's not much to say about this one. It is possible, but really stupid.

Pretend to be a car
Make appropriate revving noises in your head as you walk along and add a racing commentary as you pass strangers in the street. Use blinking eyes as indicators for extra authenticity.

Make Star Trek door noises
Stand by an electric door to a bank or something and make that silly "Scccccccchwop" sound heard whenever people popped on to the bridge to hang with Captain Kirk.

Look at something for awhile, shut eyes, study after image
(Amusement Potential: 2-5 minutes)
Another great time waster. It takes about 30 seconds of staring to create an after image, and the image is then viewable for about the same length of time. Fun to combine this one with pushing on your eyes.

Get yourself as nauseated as possible
Best achieved by looking straight up and spinning around. Try to be so dizzy you can't even stand up. This is also entertaining due to the "makes boredom seem a lot better" effect (see "Hurt Yourself").

Invent a weird twitch
Adopt a bizarre twitch (e.g. flicking your head irregularly, twitching with eye or busting out sporadic cough noises) and try it out when you go shopping.

Make a low buzzing noise
(Amusement Potential: 15-30 minutes)
Hours of fun in libraries! Keeping a totally straight face and looking nonchalant, make a low pitch humming/buzzing noise and see who reacts.

Bored or you just waiting for the footie lol;)

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I went yesterday, talking to a guy on a stall, he was very miffed, not got the ralliers , normally his stall is crowded, he sells LED`s , I bought four for my spot lights, it was very hot, not enough accessories stalls there, some stall holders will not bother with this show if it doesn`t alter, I understand it was a new show, I went with a list of items , bought one that was on the list and two that weren`t, no wonder folk buy on line, good day in all, especially as had free tickets through MMM, there were lots of motor homes in the parking area across the road, saw quite a few in the show that were sold. I didn`t go to look at MH`s as I am very happy with the one I have and the quality and build of it.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Well at least iv'e got plenty of sweets to eat naughty naughty he! He! Still it could be worse I could be here without a motorhome dreaming that maybe one day ah! Happy travels to all funsters cheers Rod & Mar

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
and as usual, Sian puts on a brave but smilie face

................. unlike the chap in the gazebo to the left of the funster tent who looks really fed up and not wanting to be there

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I know we don't pick up posts here for spelling and grammar but if you are going to post a picture of your stand then I think it is fair game. "arange" should be spelt "arrange". I won't charge on this occasion. Unless of course it is all some sort of complex reverse psychology and is deliberate! But sorry for the lack of punters. I've crewed on the stands of several exhibitions and I don't know anything worse for the legs and feet but you tend not to notice this if you are busy.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I Hope things pick up for them, or he will take it out on me when he gets back!!:cautious:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OMG... some folk like living on the edge...

I am sure the mistake was spotted the moment the notice was unrolled for the first time...

... and it did have paragraphs.

(We once had 20,000 leaflets printed with "surprised" spelt "suprised" and no one ever commented in it...)

JJ :cool:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi,
I think Daisy Mae summed it all up very well.

This Show was the first at the Staffs. Showground and, on talking to one of the exhibitors who was neither selling accessories or motorhomes, we were told that the motorhome traders don't like accessory sellers because they think it detracts from their sole purpose in life which is selling motorhomes.o_O

What they, (the dealers) fail to realise is that, without accessory sellers there wouldn't be the crowds because no one is going to pay hard earned money just to look at some expensive toys. They can do that at any motorhome retailer any day of the week.

I too noticed that the 'van sellers had sold quite a few by the end of Saturday.
Star offer for me was an unregistered 2013 Hobby (I'm slightly biased I admit) that was reduced from £53000 to £42000. Good job SWMBO thought that our 2007 was more to her liking.

I hope that the show is repeated with the opportunity of staying on site. I have to admit that I rarely need an excuse to visit the area. Our Granddaughter lives in Stafford, oh! and her Mum and Dad.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
What they, (the dealers) fail to realise is that, without accessory sellers there wouldn't be the crowds because no one is going to pay hard earned money just to look at some expensive toys. They can do that at any motorhome retailer any day of the week.

Spot on!

We went to Peterborough for a bit of fun and to have a look at some accessories. Ended up with a new van. No intention of buying one when we went.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are home now.
For our business we found the show OK, we ideally prefer shows with camping as our main product is awning panels. People need to know their measurements before buying. We tend to get more telephone orders after the day shows so we don't know how well we've done for quite a time after the show.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know we don't pick up posts here for spelling and grammar but if you are going to post a picture of your stand then I think it is fair game. "arange" should be spelt "arrange". I won't charge on this occasion. Unless of course it is all some sort of complex reverse psychology and is deliberate! But sorry for the lack of punters. I've crewed on the stands of several exhibitions and I don't know anything worse for the legs and feet but you tend not to notice this if you are busy.

If you were the first to point it out then you might have got a prize, but you're not even the 1001st - I was first. :)

Reactions: JJ

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We were there Saturday and then very briefly on Sunday picking up our purchases..... two electric bikes from AS Bikes. So far we are really pleased with them.

It was very quiet with no queue at the gate to get in and it appeared very few customers.

We won't go back to Stafford even if there is a show next year. The reasons being lack of nearby campsites and no public transport to the showground on Saturday or Sunday. Having traveled hundreds of miles over the previous couple of days we didn't want to drive from campsite to show and back to campsite - we also wanted to look around Stafford never having been there before. Signage to the show was also extremely poor, I only saw a single sign on the A 518 pointing to "Motorhome Sale" which wouldn't have drawn in the public unless they knew there was a show. "Motorhome and Caravan Show" might have been much better on any directional signs.

More and better signs, more camping and public transport are necessary. I will be writing to Warners and the local bus company with my views. It's easy to moan on a website but unless the ptbs know nothing will improve.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Next years show is already listed on Warners show page and listed as a day visitor show so it looks like a 'northern' show is not coming back, shame.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back