Realised something today (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Visited a well known dealers today in West Lothian, we only went to buy some odds and ends from shop but naturally had a nose around and through windows of motorhomes on show.

Looked at panel van Adria 3 berth, liked idea of size and using as everyday vehicle but no good at moment with 3 dogs. Pilote with island bed great but to big, hubby thought wasted space up front. He liked Chausson Allegro 97 but not enough to change for sake of it.
We now realise that we really like ours and at the moment it really suits our needs and didn't see any to change our minds except maybe a couple of caravans if you could just put a steering wheel up front.:D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Wonder if you were there the same time as us today, we were there around 4ish.

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Small world, we left about 3 40 ish, we did the motorhomes first then shop and coffee with a quick look again on way to car.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We managed to buy a replacement waste drain after I burst ours by sticking a tent peg down the sink and bursting the plastic....oops

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We managed to buy a replacement waste drain after I burst ours by sticking a tent peg down the sink and bursting the plastic....oops
Remember you mentioning that, glad you found your part. We wanted a bucket for door and a look at tables.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yes we did. Quite liked the A class over in the corner with the 2 single beds at back...but way out our budget so like you we are just keeping what we have until 1 jumps out at us. Had a rep showing us in 1 with an electric bed but didnt like the rest of the layout. I commented on how all the outside MHs were locked, was told they used to be open but people were nicking bits out of them and shitting in the toilets, thats why they are now all locked outside.

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Yes we did. Quite liked the A class over in the corner with the 2 single beds at back...but way out our budget so like you we are just keeping what we have until 1 jumps out at us. Had a rep showing us in 1 with an electric bed but didnt like the rest of the layout. I commented on how all the outside MHs were locked, was told they used to be open but people were nicking bits out of them and shitting in the toilets, thats why they are now all locked outside.
We got our motorhome from St Andrews Motorhomes, they were all open but on much smaller scale.
If Knoweparkes were all open I'd be there all day. The lady at St Andrews said the big dealers don't like paying for cleaners but I believe about the nicking. :)
Think it was Hymer in the corner.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Perthshire Caravans is the place to have a look around. Indoor showroom and everything for every budget. (n)(n)(n)

Have to say I agree, probably one of the best accessories shops and at reasonable prices. Always visit on the way to my mums and coming home! (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Perths our next stop, theres also a few other small MH dealers there too. :)

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Didn't realise it also had accessory shop haven't been for years. It's the one at Errol?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Didn't realise it also had accessory shop haven't been for years. It's the one at Errol?

That's the one all new...........on the ball! Tea shop across the road.

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Small world!! We didn't go there at all, but we did look at some motorhomes last week, and had a coffee this morning.........:);)
Ah but did you have millionaire shortbread with marshmallow topping thingies that took your false teeth out.:LOL: see nae teeth.:)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Definitely on the agenda now, but must repeat I'm not looking for MH, I'm looking for MH.:D

Bags of MH stock of all sorts there and all open(the last time I was there). Sales people not pushy either but very helpful when asked. If you look you KNOW you're going to give in in the end and......................................buy! :D

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Definitely not on agenda this year, also still to get bumper fixed before we would contemplate selling. We have an old lab, she has a year or two left, when she's gone maybe downsize, honest.:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Definitely not on agenda this year, also still to get bumper fixed before we would contemplate selling. We have an old lab, she has a year or two left, when she's gone maybe downsize, honest.:)
DON'T mention that you may have a dog on here! It's like admitting that you have bubonic crabs, or whatever.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Don't do it, it's a mistake b b. We went down to a PVC.............tooooooo small for anything over a fortnight away which is why we will be going back up to a coachbuilt next year!(y) Sad to hear about your old lab.:(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Visited a well known dealers today in West Lothian, we only went to buy some odds and ends from shop but naturally had a nose around and through windows of motorhomes on show.

Looked at panel van Adria 3 berth, liked idea of size and using as everyday vehicle but no good at moment with 3 dogs.
Just a slight word of caution, we have PVC and whilst it is easier to use than a large MH, it isn't a car so can still be difficult to park at times so bear than in mind. We thought we'd be able to do without a 'normal' car and just have the camper and a Smart car but in the end we found it wasn't practical so kept a 'normal' car too.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Get a BIG one.....No one wants the big stuff at the moment. You can buy a large Burstner for around 35p. If your paying the same road tax, keep what you have. (y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Get a BIG one.....No one wants the big stuff at the moment. You can buy a large Burstner for around 35p. If your paying the same road tax, keep what you have. (y)

Oh dear and with ladies present too you swine!!!!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't do it, it's a mistake b b. We went down to a PVC.............tooooooo small for anyhting over a fortnight away which is why we will be going back up to a coachbuilt next year!(y) Sad to hear about your old lab.:(
It really depends what you want/need ... we now have a 6m PVC and wouldn't change it for anything else! We have 3 dogs and don't have a problem with it at all - in effect we have two separate 'lounge' areas: the rear bed and half-dinette at the front, it means that both hubby and me can have our own space if needs be. We've spent 2 x 5 week holidays in it, 1 x 7 week one (with bad weather for nearly half of the time) and didn't have any issues in it at all. So long as you get the right layout and also make sure you get the right 'one' in the first place, there shouldn't be any issues. I do know, however, someone on another forum who downsized form a largish MH to a small PVC (5.5m) and hated it ... he simply went too small and also hated the sliding door ... gawd knows why he didn't think of that before buying it ... we love our sliding door!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back