Real or fake (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Should I go for the real sheepskin seat covers or the fake ones ,don't want the seats to get wet as someone has mentioned on here a while back, hence the question , and where is the best place to get them (dunelm) or a good tannery place .

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
To be sure it’s a real sheepskin go out in the country in the middle of the night and source your own....😉

I got some from dunelm and their ok, don’t put them in the washing machine though... don’t ask..!

they only go damp in the winter if left in the van so just bring them in along with any other stuff that could get damp..👍🏼

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Sheep skins on car (or moho) (fake or real) seats..!!!!
A bit too much ponsie 70's boy racer for me.... Bet you got cuddly dice hanging from your mirror too.....Assuming you have a rear view mirror or not as discussed on a earlier thread.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😎😎😎

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We got ours from some Shetland sheepskin company and can only say they are really good. About 5 years old now and you wouldnt know it

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
As above......
Skye Skyns are the place to go.
Ring them and tell them you are a Funster and you’ll get a discount and plenty of free advice.
We bought cheap ones from Dunelm (or somewhere similar) and ended up putting them on the bedroom floor as they were cheap Chinese things that weren’t very good on the seats.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Loads of people on here bought from Skye Skins and were very pleased with them. Carol Ambilkate I think we're happy customers.
We bought ours must be 8 years ago I have washed ours a couple of times, they still look as good as when we bought them, you do need to tell them they are for a Motorhome so they are the right size.
Motorhome Fun also has a discount you need to ask for it though.,.
They have never got the seats wet.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Loads of people on here bought from Skye Skins and were very pleased with them. Carol Ambilkate I think we're happy customers.
We bought two from Skyeskins. Absolutely first class sheepskins, superbly packed and delivered to Spain. Really good quality - I don't think we've ever lost anything off either of them even after brushing them hard. Not as cheap as IKEA - but a much better quality in thickness of backing leather and thickness of the fur (pile? Wool? ). Lovely in summer in Spain as you dont get a sweaty bum, lovely and warm in winter when we're up in the mountains and it's around zero, and, lovely and soft all year so nice and comfy.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We bought ours must be 8 years ago I have washed ours a couple of times, they still look as good as when we bought them, you do need to tell them they are for a Motorhome so they are the right size.
Motorhome Fun also has a discount you need to ask for it though.,.
They have never got the seats wet.
I suspect the seats only get wet if you source your own 'live' versions that Just smiffy and Grummyb are thinking of ... 😄

Upvote 0
May 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since 2020
Just had a look at the Skye Sheeps Skins website, although nothing specifically mentioned (that I can find) of a vehicle seat cover, do you just use them as an unttached drape? If so what's to stop them sliding around or do they just stay put and also which size is recommended?

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
I bought a real black sheepskin to go on my BMW1150 GS. It came with elastic straps to stop it sliding about. My tightarsed mate bought a fake one and it fell apart before getting to the Alps after getting wet! Mine, 8 years old now, is still like new. (y)
12DAEAFE-CF94-4783-B3F8-B9F3DFE49A11.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
do you just use them as an unttached drape? If so what's to stop them sliding around or do they just stay put and also which size is recommended?
For us, yes. We find they stay put really well as after a while they start to "hang" to suit the seat. Best to measure the length of your seat using a bit of string from headrest to front of squab following all the contours - ditto width. Add on for how much overhang down the back and sides you want, then compare to their sizes. Two end on doubles per seat worked great for us. Some people use clip on elastic ties or sew on tapes, but we've never felt the Need.

Upvote 0
May 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since 2020
^^ Thanks for that, that was my hope especially as the seats are largely fabric.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We bought our real sheepskins from Dunhelm Mill, and they have done us well. Angela sewed in ties at the top and bottom of the seat back so they don't move. So much more comfortable as they are warm in the winter and cool in the summer. And they protect the seat fabric.

Lots of people on here got theirs from SkyeSkyns on the Isle of Skye and swear by them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back