Ready to leave this cold weather behind (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Spent the day loading up the Motorhome outside one of the Neghbours houses as there was no way we would have got it off our road if the weather got any worse! Beauty of living above the snow line.

I'll be kipping in it tonight been as it's loaded up with everything plus it's a cheeky excuse for a quite night for me ;-) then tomorrow is the big off to Alicante (y)

Only then back for 4 weeks before we head off back to the south of France again with the added addition of the pooch next time.

Summer has sort of begun. Not that you would know it from today's picture.

IMG_4165.JPG

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Quite nice weather today at La Manga, sat in the sun this afternoon, fine for the golf tomorrow but a bit of wind forecast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
They are a pretty decent motor but it will never pull that thing behind it.

On another note have a great trip.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great trip and if they don't grit your road ( as ours is never gritted ) take care and safe travels. Hope you find some sun!
Remember the hot water bottle tonight.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Safe journey but bring plenty of gas for heating. We're just south of Alicante and on our second large gas bottle in 2 weeks. This is our first winter in Spain and have had the lot thrown at us. One day last week we had 26 degrees and 2 days later I was scraping ice off the car.
I hope it settles before you arrive as we've had enough and are heading home on 24th.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Safe journey but bring plenty of gas for heating. We're just south of Alicante and on our second large gas bottle in 2 weeks. This is our first winter in Spain and have had the lot thrown at us. One day last week we had 26 degrees and 2 days later I was scraping ice off the car.
I hope it settles before you arrive as we've had enough and are heading home on 24th.

We left Benidorm a we while ago. Still cold in Sierra Nevada so heading to south to Malaga tomorrow.
It is getting warmer. Stay longer.

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016

Thanks for the info. The gas and heating was my main concern as it only holds X2 6KG bottles. Tomorrow night were at a site near Portsmouth and should have EHU. Then a night on the Ferry obviously not required. We then have 3 nights in Spain where I imagine no EHU before we arrive at the Villa for 5 nights.

Coming back is thru France on Aires so thats when the gas will become critical as its only getting colder the further North we go. Hopefully we will find some Electric so we can stretch the Gas back to the UK. Will be ramping the Heating from the Cab as hot as I can get it before switching off and using the to gas to maintain.

Reactions: f6c
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Thanks for the info. The gas and heating was my main concern as it only holds X2 6KG bottles. Tomorrow night were at a site near Portsmouth and should have EHU. Then a night on the Ferry obviously not required. We then have 3 nights in Spain where I imagine no EHU before we arrive at the Villa for 5 nights.

Coming back is thru France on Aires so thats when the gas will become critical as its only getting colder the further North we go. Hopefully we will find some Electric so we can stretch the Gas back to the UK. Will be ramping the Heating from the Cab as hot as I can get it before switching off and using the to gas to maintain.

There's a Cepsa gas station in Calpe. They sell full aluminium gas bottles for 12 euros. That includes the gas on a non contract basis. You'll need your passport and a Spanish address but a campsite will do. When you're finished with it just sell on for the same price empty.

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Sounds like you need to invest if Gaslow bottles or similar.
Top up as you go.

Richard.
Its on my list of want items..... Its a long list lol

In Fact.
List of Want items
Self Seeking Satellite Dish
LPG Gas System
Solar Panels
2nd Leisure Battery
Dash Camera
Reversing Camera
Awning
Cabin Alarm System
Bike Rack
Binoculars
Kitchen Shelf
Tow Bar + Electrics
Swivel Passenger Seat adapter

Sure it will all get added in the next couple of years.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Its on my list of want items..... Its a long list lol

In Fact.
List of Want items
Self Seeking Satellite Dish
LPG Gas System
Solar Panels
2nd Leisure Battery
Dash Camera
Reversing Camera
Awning
Cabin Alarm System
Bike Rack
Binoculars
Kitchen Shelf
Tow Bar + Electrics
Swivel Passenger Seat adapter

Sure it will all get added in the next couple of years.
Don't forget the weight allowance and payload of your van when considering these items.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Raining here in Denia. Quite warm though. No snow. Have a good trip.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Don't forget the weight allowance and payload of your van when considering these items.

You'd better add rear Air assist to your list;)

I had a similar list when we got our first M/H last year. The list is getting smaller but the last few items are the expensive ones:whistle:

Have a great trip and look forward to reading of your adventures(y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Happy travels, we are on our home in two weeks time, would you like to swap places.........pretty please. (y)

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016

I was thinking about that yesterday.

I hope were ok as its a 3650kg max been the 6 birth and there is just the 2 of us and the little girl. My wife weighs nothing.

I would like to try a weigh bridge though to see exactly where were at. Guess I can always lose 65kg ish from the 80lt fresh water and fill up on sites but that would remove the ability to just park where we want which I much prefer the ability to do that and pick where we stay with greater variety.

Thinks ill go find a large set of scales when I can.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I was thinking about that yesterday.

I hope were ok as its a 3650kg max been the 6 birth and there is just the 2 of us and the little girl. My wife weighs nothing.

I would like to try a weigh bridge though to see exactly where were at. Guess I can always lose 65kg ish from the 80lt fresh water and fill up on sites but that would remove the ability to just park where we want which I much prefer the ability to do that and pick where we stay with greater variety.

Thinks ill go find a large set of scales when I can.
I think there are some weigh bridges in Attercliffe (steel company's do it ) although we have never done it yet;) but our van came with all the extras on .
Have a safe trip and hope you weren't to cold last night!!:cold:

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Made it a couple of hundred miles down the road to our CL for the night before we head to the ferry in the morning.

Very pleasant run down with a pit stop at the Donnington Park services for a picnic in the Motorhome and break for the little one. Then we pushed on to the site. Nice simple CL on what I assume is a small holding type but as it was dark arriving I can't really tell lol. Hard Standing and EHU and water on our pitch so that helps.

Did a quick egg on toast for the little one and pizza for us and now the missis is researching sites in Spain and I was googleing airbag faults on Fiat Ducatos lol.
While diving as it went dark I noticed the airbag and handbrake warning light were flashing on and off infrequently. Only about 20% of there full brightness so not really on at all. It may have been doing this since I bought it in November but as it's the first drive in the dark I likely would not have noticed it as you could not tell in the daytime.

Anyway may be an ECU fault? Or a dodgy seatbelt sensor? It's under warranty and not affecting my drive unless I crash I guess so happy to push on with the niggle. Will take a look at the seatbelt in the morning but that's about all I can do.

Anyway that's today's update. Going to chill with a well earned beer now and what ever TV program interestes me as likely won't get many channels in Spain.

Cheers.

IMG_4173.JPG
IMG_4179.JPG

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So glad you had a good journey down!
Look forward to the next stage of your trip , how did Hannah get on?

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
That's one happy Chappy......we've got a Thule Bike Rack for sale if your interested.

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
So glad you had a good journey down!
Look forward to the next stage of your trip , how did Hannah get on?

By Hanna I assume (Alice, Wife or Abigail, little one) :whistle:

They both enjoyed it. Alice likes the drive as she gets to relax mostly apart from the odd picking up a teddy that fell on the floor.
Abigail was happy chirping away in the back saying Holiday and Sea Side most of the way. She fell asleep instantly after dinner and is snoring away holding her sheep currently.

And my beer is sinking nicely with Back to the Future part 3 on in the background (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes I meant Abigail ( whose Hannah?!) so glad she is loving the MH ,enjoy the next stage and safe travels to you all!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Safe travels!! Hope you find the sun and warmth . 3c here in cloudy Sheff!!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
David
I think your binicle lights are a common ducato fault.
Lots of posts on here, have a search under tech/ mech or fiat section.
Have a great trip, that bed looks tight for three !
Chris

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back