Free Member
Aug 12, 2017
Lincoln, united Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 196
Exp
Hi Everyone

Just joined up and due to take charge of our first ever Motorhome Next week when the new reg comes out. Its an Elddis 196, 6 x berth so has everything we need.

Looking forward to many happy trips and meeting like minded people on our travels. After retiring from 35 years of coach driving all over Europe, it will be great to get off around Europe again, in fact we have already booked a weeks pitch down in Benidorm in January, a drive I'm looking forward to.

Hopefully i will pick up quickly how everything works etc, but I'm sure being a new member here will get me the answers should i need advice.

We live in Lincoln and i saw the final rally of the year takes place at the Lina's showground in September so that will be our first rally and give us an insight to what its all about.

Lots to look forward to

Chris & Julie

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sounds like a great Moho,hope you have lots of pleasure in it.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
That's a fair way to travel for your first rally, hope you remember to pack sandwiches for a halfway stop.
About 20 mile North of you but presently on Jim's 5 star campsite at the Sutton on Sea headquarters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mrmalik

mrmalik

Free Member
Aug 12, 2017
Lincoln, united Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 196
Exp
Ha, ha. yes, we shall have a few supplies to see us through. staying overnight in Bordeaux each way. Straight through from Lincoln so a midnight ferry from Dover should get us down in good time to see a bit of the city. then next day down to Benidorm will be nice once the mountains appear. done it the car a few years back and also driving coach. Was hoping the Brittany ferries route would be cheap out of season, but around £900 so happy to go down west coast and make a longer holiday of it. still cheaper even with extra fuel and Tolls.
I have a static at Mablethorpe so nip in to Sutton most times when there. was unaware of the HQ there. im learning very quickly on here. My first day Lol

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Ha, ha. yes, we shall have a few supplies to see us through. staying overnight in Bordeaux each way. Straight through from Lincoln so a midnight ferry from Dover should get us down in good time to see a bit of the city. then next day down to Benidorm will be nice once the mountains appear. done it the car a few years back and also driving coach. Was hoping the Brittany ferries route would be cheap out of season, but around £900 so happy to go down west coast and make a longer holiday of it. still cheaper even with extra fuel and Tolls.
I have a static at Mablethorpe so nip in to Sutton most times when there. was unaware of the HQ there. im learning very quickly on here. My first day Lol
I was referring to your trip to the Lincoln Showground but never mind you will catch on eventually.
We sail Plymouth to Santander on October 1 for our 6 months stay in Spain

OP
OP
mrmalik

mrmalik

Free Member
Aug 12, 2017
Lincoln, united Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 196
Exp
Im getting too carried away. Yes just spotted the word rally in your post. Yeah 10 mins and we shall be there. people think im mad sleeping there when we have everything here. they'll never understand.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Im getting too carried away. Yes just spotted the word rally in your post. Yeah 10 mins and we shall be there. people think im mad sleeping there when we have everything here. they'll never understand.
We went last year for the 4 days but it's a bit close to the Spain trip so will go for the day.
Have you actually booked to go on the rally or just to the show.

OP
OP
mrmalik

mrmalik

Free Member
Aug 12, 2017
Lincoln, united Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 196
Exp
No not booked yet. I read a bit of info in a Motorhome mag that a neighbor lent me. it had all the info but i have done nothing further yet. If i remember it is booked through Warners. i must see if i can find the page or do it on line. Been too busy as Daughter had first baby a week ago, so its all go as she lives here with us.
6 months in Spain sounds fantastic. we said its what shall do each year when we both retire. We also love Portugal and the Algarve so would split it between the two

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
Driving to Benidorm for a week with one stop each way. :Eeek:
I can see from your post that as a professional driver you are used to it but I do hope that now you are retired and have your lovely new MH you will slow down a bit and meander a little. :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:
Ask any questions and join in the threads and have safe and wonderful travels in your new MH!!
We've only done Lincoln as day trippers but I'm sure you will have a great time and don't forget to pick up your funster sticker for the windscreen !

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@mrmalik TAKE YOUR TIME! Used to be a continental coach driver myself so I know what you're thinking. But it's a totally different way of life. Don't make the same mistake we did on our first continental trip - rushed around trying to show the wife many of the places I used to go to - and ended up only seeing miles and miles of tarmac! Two days down to Benidorm, you'll need a week to recover, and don't forget how Mrs Malik will feel, sitting there for long boring periods.

Now we make a rule of stopping by mid-afternoon, preferably somewhere interesting we can go and explore - we're great fans of aires etc.

But don't take any notice of me, everybody has different opinions, just ENJOY!

Oh yes, and :welcome3:

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Hi and welcome funsters     
:welco:(y)(y)(y)