Readly App (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
It takes me all my time reading my ebooks stock [1 chapter per night, and have to read the last 3 pages about 5 or 6 times because I fall asleep repeatedly ...]. I tend to get Google Vouchers as birthday presents etc and will buy a complete series by a new [to me] author from Google Playbooks or from Kobo; now within striking distance of the finishing line for Ann Cleeves and her Shetland series of Jimmy Perez novels.

Steve

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Has anyone else subscribed to the Readly App being advertised at the moment on this site. I read a lot of magazines each month, as does my wife on a range of subjects and hobbies. We spend a fair amount either on cover price or subscriptions. So I took a look at it on App Store where the purchase price is £9.99 a month. read all the reviews which were very positive and decided to give it a go.
I took out the MotorhomeFun subscription for £7.99 and first month free and have only been using it for a week so far. I have to say I am amazed by it. It’s like Spotify for magazines and newspapers. There are literally thousands on there all with back issues. All the motorhome ones, landy, photography, cooking, gardening, ones I normally get, morning papers. You can set it up on 5 different devices for the one subscription, so both me and Mrs Norfolk have it on iPad and phone. For a family you could have one subscription and you could all have your own profile for your own magazines. It sets up favourites and alerts for new copies.
I really really am impressed With this. I am waiting for the catch. Doesn’t seem to be one yet. All this for £7.99 a month. Saved me a fortune.
No catch, I have been using it since 2019 and the great thing about it is that you can have up to 5 people access your subscription at no extra cost, so my wife, son and daughter and granddaughter can all read their own mags of interest.👍🏻👍🏻

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve been using it for about 6 weeks now,it is cheaper than my old newspaper subscription plus loads of magazines.
I don’t like reading it on the iPhone as it doesn’t fill the screen properly but works well on ipad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norfolk Nige

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Hi Norfolk Nige can you tell me what newspaper you have access too please.

Sounds s worthwhile subscription.
clanjones it has Guardian, independent, standard, mirror, star, observer, mail, express, Scottish, Welsh and Irish versions of the above. French, German, Spanish papers etc. magazines number in their hundreds I guess. The full range of motorhome, caravan, camper and camping, walking, photography, cooking, motoring, lifestyle, hobbies and crafts, nature, birdwatching.
in fact I haven’t found a magazine that is not on there. The subscription I have through mhf does not have a tie in, so if I don’t like it I can cancel at any time.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I've subscribed for a few years. The great thing which I like is that we both have different interests, I can use the laptop while my wife uses her tablet reading different magazines. Not only do you get British magazines but you can get content from many different countries, not only the latest but going back 2,3 or even 4 years in some cases (y)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Norfolk Nige can I ask a silly question please. Went through the subscription process but it isn't clear to me what the subscription cost is.

Can you confirm it is £7.99 as it seemed to indicate that it was £9.99!

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
It’s £7.99 per month and you can permit up to 5 people access so it’s well worth it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I think it's a debate that will go on for some time and a lot of work has been done in this area. Interesting podcast on the BBC, Life Scientific with a guy call Derk-Jan Dijk, a professor of sleep and physiology. The conversation about light and sleep starts at 14:30 mins
Quality geezers.
Both work at the Uni I work at.

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
Another subscription taken out! Found some of my favourite mags in seconds, so I can read them each month and scour the back issues!

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back