DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
(But I still don't see why the need to treat non subscribers differently as in choosing the type of question you respond to - as has been said its a way to encourage them to subscribe isn't it, even if the question is quite technical and sometimes newbies on forums do understandably ask quite obscure things.)

Morning MJG, you raise a fair point and it is not different to my view, my OP was only a question, not an instruction

When new members join they have an option not to pay immediately, allows them to see what it is like, whether it suits them etc

My post relates to when they have decided not to join, ie they have used up their 5 posts and opted not to pay for more, do we continue to reply?

Now I have read other opinions, I am going to reply to the whole thread, not just the OP, my blinkered view hadn't recognised the gain other members or even newer members may get from the comments

As my beloved one often reminds me, every day is a school day, but I have gained from the thread (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I joined for a year a couple of years back, then became read only for a year and have just recently joined again. Everybody has different things going on in their life and I feel that this site could be in danger of being seen as 'elitist' if members have the attitude of only replying to certain people, i.e paid up ones.
This is a great website and although I agree that manners cost nothing, I don't agree with this clique type attitude. Some people are very nervous about posting on forums and could be seriously put off if they read some of these comments.

I think the opposite has been shown, the replies virtually all counter my question, only a couple would not reply, my opinion has now been altered, not a bad thing sometimes :)

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I must be honest and say when I joined I didn't actually realise there was a posting limit until you subscribed. I am bad at reading small print and T&C's. I took that the funding of the site was from the ad.s but that membership itself was free which is quite a common arrangement on forums (including one I mod. on)

It was only when I hit the limit that I realised. It was quite an easy decision though to spend a tenner as I had already had some helpful answers and could see it could be a useful resource.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Question, sort of related to my OP, I have just had a PM from a new member with a problem, I had replied to their problem thread, they have gone 'read only' but I think sent me the message after that happened, I have replied, but wonder if they will ever see the reply unless they join fully

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
yes you can save your £10. on the free coffie and cheap bacon butties

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Question, sort of related to my OP, I have just had a PM from a new member with a problem, I had replied to their problem thread, they have gone 'read only' but I think sent me the message after that happened, I have replied, but wonder if they will ever see the reply unless they join fully

Yes they will get it, and they will be able to respond (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back