Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Hiya

After much deliberation we have decided to keep our Autotrail Arapaho 2001 as we have looked at many newer versions but for the sake of spending another 20-25 K we really aren't going to get any better ......... just newer looking. Having read some horror stories of new M/H's, our M/H has had my 'seeing-to' and bits that weren't right are now, new tyres fitted etc etc ........ you get my drift I am sure!:thumb:

So, as the M/H is fine, we have decided to have the upholstery re done so this is where you lot come in so to speak !!!!!:ROFLMAO: :cry:

I am sure many of you have had this carried out but as I am certain it won't be cheap, we want to choose the best for the money outlay.:Eeek:

Could you advise us on who you highly recommend, I have had 2 names I have picked up of the forum : A1 & Regal Furnishings.:thumb:

Appreciate your feedback and if possible, an idea of how much was paid for the work?

Thanks all

Mark :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi regal furnishings is the place .either give them measurements or arrange a day at their works. best place i know of for the job and the quality of workmanship is excellant. they even let you park in their yard overnight. cheers alan.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Had our previous van done at Regal found them to be very profesional friendly company and did a excellent job. Carol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stainless

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Funster No
stainless

hi got same m/h done all same work had new upholsteryfitted last year done by woman who upholsters boats fantastic job total less than 2k want to know more mail den:thumb:

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Hi Mark,where all the other answers on the "other site" not enough ?:winky:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

On the same subject (but slightly off line) can I strongly suggest that whoever you decide to go with, make sure that you can actually sit on the foam underneath your bot.
Last year we had the foam replaced in our three piece suite at home using the services of Co. who advertise in PC PCM MMM etc.
They did a fabulous job but, because of the guidlines they gave, we chose a firmness that was one up from being instantly comfortable. It was FAR firmer than what we were used to and, I can imagine that would be a NO NO in a place where you are perhaps using the cushions to sleep on ie your motorhome.
We love the firmness now but it took a while to appreciate. For your guidance we paid about £250 for the foam alone for a three piece suite (including delivery.) That was in effect five big pieces of foam plus dacron covering

I suppose what I am saying is, wherever you go, try before you buy.

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Another thing to consider is choice of pattern and material. You can only choose from what they have. We had our van done by one of the 2 firms mentioned, and there was no pattern that we liked, so as we had travelled a very long way to their workshop, we chose the best of the ones on offer. We did'nt realise at the time but we chose the wrong material. 2 years down the line, it looks quite bad and really needs doing again. We were not happy at the pattern match, the seams coming apart and the velcro in the wrong place. PM me if you want further info.

ken

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I got mine done locally :thumb: We were able to pick what material we liked from about 6 / 8 material patten books.All were different grades different prices,same with the foam :thumb: I called in with my van he measured up we told him which colour /material - he told me price and day it would be ready :thumb: I can only say that exactly 3 years later all my van seating cab roof and door panels look as good as the day it was fitted.Under 800 sqids for the lot
cab door panels & roof
driver and passenger seats
2 mtr sq seat / bed area inc foam
2 cushions
see pics in my garage -left under name
He does a 1 / 2 day fitting service by prior arrangement-- take van for measurements and pick material -- then turn up on arranged date for fitting. :thumb:
ALBERT FLETCHER --07747071720
I do not recommend anyone unless I am sure of workmanship and value for money :thumb:
terry

Last edited:

barbt

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
KENT
Funster No
Exp
two
You can't beat The Van Shop in Sittingbourne for upholstery.

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Thanks all.:thumb:

Have taken all info onboard. :ROFLMAO: :cry: :Doh:

Stainless / Jacken ........ I have e.mailed you both re answers etc but when I check, it doesn't show I have sent an e.mail !!! Maybe like othersites where you have to read the e.mail before it shows? :Eeek:

Sersol ........ Yep, planted threads re me asking info as others read some sites only! Just not putting all our eggs in one basket and trying to reap as much info as poss !!:shout:

sanandreas

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Derby
Funster No
MH
C class
If you're satisfied with the covers and they are still in good condition then why not try DIY filling with foam.

My seats and backs had springs and the foam was also 'tired' so I replaced them with foam after advice on types of foam from the internet shop where I purchased.

I had to unpick the back of the cushions and sew in continuous zippers - I enjoyed doing it and I am pleased with the results.

Roy

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Sorry to anyone on this thread I have thanked then accidently removed the thank you! When you pop back onto the thread, I am not sure who I have thanked and who I haven't so when I press it again, it removes the thank you icon & iam unable to re insert!

So, thanks to all. :thumb:

To those I have mentioned re the email, could you let me know if you have received them & if not ..... Anyone any ideas why I am unable to send e. Mails?????:cry:
Cheers

Mar 30, 2009
Funster No
Another couple of companys to consider that I haven't seen mentioned are:

TEK Seating, they are based in Sittingbourne Kent & Melton Mowbray Leicestershire and do a lot of trimming for the motorhome manufacturers as well as offering full re-trim services.
Tel: 01664 480689

Cogent Seating - based in Wales (sorry to be vague I'm not quite sure where they are based)
Tel: 01792 585444

NC Interiors - A bit north for you in Bolton, small company that does a lot of work for the small vehicle (T4/T5) convertors
Tel: 01204 793335

Van Shops number is Tel: 01795 472906

Always worth a visit or to try and view someones van that's already been done.

Hope that helps.

Dog lover

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Derbyshire
Funster No
:Smile:Hi.
We have just had our Chevy Rockwood done at Caravan Upholstery of Bolton
phone number 01942 815611. Its a family run business.

We had the 2 pilots chairs the rock n roll and the dinett chairs all done for a cost of £1200.
Great service good quality.

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Hi All

Just an update : We have now had our whole interior re-upholstered by A1 and they were nothing short of fantastic! :thumb:

I will add a write up + pics of before and after in the coming days/weeks but just to say we are over the moon. We had new foam on the bottoms, re style on the backs, all re covered and chose 1/2 leather ( yes we thought yuk at first but once completed ... wow! ) on the knee role area. Had the captains chairs fully covered, all pelmets covered, full set of curtains and tie backs, 8 pillows + other little bits carried out .... all for .... wait for it ..... you wanna know ... Ok .... £900 !!!!! :shout: :ROFLMAO:

Don't expect a plush reception room with seating area etc, it is a hard working family run firm with no frills attached. You chose the fabric... they carry out the work ... simple! Typical,warm friendly northern hospitality you could not ask for more. John is the dad, does all the undoing etc, Jo is the mum and does all the stitching etc. Can't recall the girls names ( Caroline?? ) but all are very helpful.:whatthe:

Telephone number is : 01977 607976.
Address : A1 Trimmers
Brears Farm Nursery
Kellingley
Knotingley
WF11 8DL

I will not recommend anyone unless I am 100% happy ( fussy bugger you see ! ) and A1 certainly get my recommendations!::bigsmile:

Just mention Mark & Nicky from Hereford if you phone em as we did say we would add comments etc to the forums.

suntorfan

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Compass 2 berth
Exp
since March 09
Upholstery question

incidentally, what are these people on that design the upholstery patterns?:roflmto:

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
As Promised .... Some pics for you lot !!::bigsmile:

Old Upholstery first ....

2-5.jpg

2a.jpg

1-5.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-4.jpg

4a.jpg

5-3.jpg

And now the new interior .... a vast improvement we hope you will agree ????:thumb:

1-6.jpg

11-1.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-3.jpg

7-3.jpg

8-3.jpg

9-3.jpg

10-2.jpg

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Upholstery

When we purchased our van at 2 years old we decided as the material was sort of a Vomit design we would have it recovered.
This was carried out at Regal and the internals are now very similar to our old Autosleeper a nice blue with a delicat swirl.
The cab seats had been preprepared when we got there at 07.30 hrs and we were on our way home by 13.00 hrs job done.
We were offered a lift into town for window shopping but it was about minus 30 at the time so we just sat in the workshop drinking tea mithering the machinists.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back