Re UK gone Mad Worst than I thought! (1 Viewer)

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
We have become a country where service to the public, for example our utilities, are sold off, in the case of "Royal Mail" far too cheaply.
My Postman/woman changes all the time a different person almost daily, often my mail isn't delivered because they can't find my house, a total of 35 houses in the village. The post comes at a different time daily from 10.30am until (I kid you not) 3.30pm, this morning it was 12.45pm according to the card that was left.
A package wasn't delivered because it has to be signed for, my neighbour would have signed but wasn't asked, I was round the back in my garden!

The local Post Office has closed and there is an "office" in Costcutter.
The Package will not be delivered again, however after 6 hours it can be collected from the post office in my nearest town a return trip 0f 32 miles, the buses stopped running 15 years ago. I can pay a 75p handling charge to have it redelivered next Thursday 24th July or 75p to have it sent to the local office in costcutter again on 24th July.

We pay a fortune in Government Taxes, directly and indirect in VAT for example, and we pay a fortune in local taxes, yet the services shrink further every year. The bins, parks, buses, road maintenance, water, gas, electricity to name a few, the list seems endless, are all privatised. The giant power companies are being investigated cos they are suspected of running a price fixing cartel, like doh, what did you expect them to do?

I'll end the rant here cos I could go on and on with example after example, but I have to say I'm so bloody sick of it. We the public have become the fat cow that can be milked till there's nothing left.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We run a business and unti recently our mail never arrived before lunchtime. As businesses should get their mail as a priority over households, it's good job you don't live here or you 'do never get your mail
It wasn't so long ago that we got two deliveries a day
It's a sad sign of the times

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Can do nothing but agree with it all :(

Watched a guy on TV using a hosepipe while there was a ban on. He looked straight into the camera and begged the water company to take him to court for the use of so many litres of water. His reasoning was sound. While the Government were about to fine the water company for leakages, they said that the 3 million + litres of water that was lost DAILY in just the London district was acceptable!!!

Our Country has changed so much it's almost beyond recognition. Immigration, lack of housing, schooling, reductions in the military, reductions in the police force, rising costs, the awful road systems etc. like you I could go on, but what's the point :(

I'll retire in a few years and that'll be me abroad somewhere with the motorhome, spending my money and pension where I'll get more value for my hard earned cash :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well i didn't vote them in :)

As much as I agree about all the problems you can't really be suggesting they were all started by the current bunch of half wits in charge.

Tony the war criminal Blair and good old Gordon the moron Brown need to shoulder a fair bit of the blame I think.

This country didn't turn into crap overnight and it's still a hell of a lot better than many others.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Totally agree with kjlblue, we rant about it all the time - and immigration - but lets not go there, councils take your council tax every month but when you need something doing they are nowhere to be seen until they have their hand out for more money = grrrrrrrr.... its all going up apart from wages to match - unless your a politician, solicitor or any other form of what can only be described as the fat cats of society ....

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we had to take in my wifes sisters dog in.because has gone into a care home with dementia. the vet will not give my wife any details about the dog because its against the new rules.they have to have a telephone call, from my wifes sister.please they know her.

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
I'm not going to be partisan in this discussion, I think all 3 major political parties do not understand that the vast majority of us are not thickies, we see what they do, we see through their smokescreens, how they further their own interest. We are badly let down by people who say one thing to get elected then tear up the promises they made. Untrustworthy shysters who I wouldn't buy a used car from. The Secretary of State for work and pensions has had £42million written off by the treasury, he used it to develop a computer software system that will never work and is said to be "not fit for purpose" Robert Clark an earlier contributor to this discussion runs a business, could you afford to lose millions Robert, and expect to stay in business? Then we are told that because of "austerity" we have to accept a reduction of our basic services and amenities because they cannot be afforded. The Tories blame Labour, but I was around at the time and have a good memory of how in 2008 the Banking System collapsed because they (the Bankers) had taken our money, our savings everything in our Bank accounts and lent it to people who had no hope of paying it back, because they could sell bad debts on, and still make a profit and get a good bonus/commission. When it collapsed our Government Tory, Labour and Lib Dems took our money not theirs cos we pay the taxes, and compensated the banks to stop them going bust. At this time Gordon Brown was hailed as the saviour of the European Banking system. We should have let them go to the wall, I return to my original point, It's our effing money, they spend it very badly £42million!!! then tell us to tighten our belts. They have forgotten who pays the bills. In response to Forest Boy, I watch the news and thank god I live in the UK, not the Ukraine, not Syria or Palestine, we have stability which I enjoy and I would not want to live anywhere else. But the politicians are completely out of touch living in cloud cuckoo land because they are insulated from the rest of us. The House of Commons Bar is heavily subsidised by us the tax payer, so they have free drinks and meals and tell us our elderly parents cannot have decent care cos we can't afford it. I will rant no more but it truly makes me mad as hell and sick as a parrot. If anyone has any ideas of how to put this right I will listen. Perhaps, as an afterthought, they expect we will wake up at some point, and take to the streets in protest, which is why laughing cuddly, joking Boris the Mayor has brought in water canon for London. Theresa our Home secretary tells him he's wrong, but what she really means is that it's premature and not to be done just yet.

I shall end by reminding people that in 2003 when we were fed bullshit about weapons of mass destruction, that didn't exist, and went to war with Iraq, our Chancellor Gordon Brown, suddenly announced he had a "war chest" of billions. This when we were going through the usual never ending, there's not enough dosh we must tighten our belts, all in it together period. We are rich we are the 7th richest country in the whole world, the money is spent by politicians who are not even brought to account when they mis-spend £42 million quid of our money.

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
I know, I have views and I usually keep them to myself, but I too think this country is going to the dogs and our politicians are taking us there. Cos they have forgotten it's our country not their personal property, their gravy train. We are off in the van tomorrow, staying at Cornish Farm in Taunton. I'll be OK after a chill out and you'll not hear from me again, promise.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I just feel for the youngsters of today, who cannot afford to buy their own place, so have to pay high rents, and they can only dream of getting a job with a decent pension or being able to pay into their own.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
I just love these 'they' rants. Usually means politicians as if they are another species. Most politicians are ordinary folk who, in addition to their jobs, volunteer for local councils, unions, etc. After a good few years they may get elected to local council and even (a few) may get selected by a constituency party as a potential MP candidate. Then there is an election and WE get to vote for them. If they do get elected they can then become an MP for probably less than they were earning before they got the job. They are then accountable to us. In other words 'they' are you and me.
It's called democracy.
If you don't like what is happening to this country the paragraph above explains how YOU can influence it.
No I am not a politician.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
our local police force brought two of road motor bikes.but could not use them because they had no trained bikers.so we had to pay for there training.then they had to have a t/nik to service them. by the time they had one the two riders had been transferred to kent.the two bikes sat in western favell police station.for two years.then auctioned of.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
So if the postman had arrived before kglbue went into the back garden earlier today the country wouldn't be going mad?

I can see tomorrow's Daily Mail headline: LATE POSTMAN SPARKS NATIONWIDE INSANITY SHOCK HORROR

You should lodge an official complaint with Royal Mail - they might send you a book of stamps to say sorry, just like they did when they lost my recorded delivery parcel. 60 million people becoming mentally unhinged is far more serious than one lost parcel - maybe they'll send two books of stamps.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I think you will find the Tories have privatised all our services bar none and now only have the NHS to make money out of for there city mates
Which they are in the process of doing as we speak, tossers

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We have become a country where service to the public, for example our utilities, are sold off, in the case of "Royal Mail" far too cheaply.
The post comes at a different time daily from 10.30am until (I kid you not) 3.30pm, this morning it was 12.45pm according to the card that was left.

Sadly I do not think that you are kidding me...

I do however think that it is not that bad a Postal Service, if despite all their staff turn around that you mentioned, that you are still receiving a "daily" Postal service within a "5 hour window" in your village of only a meagre 35 houses, which sounds like it is served from a PO sorting office which appears to be possibly 16 miles away.

A colleague of mine based in our office in Rotterdam will now never see one of his neighbours again. His neighbour was only trying to fly on a passenger flight to KL, I must admit that he too is very very upset and angry.....

perhaps we could say...."World gone Mad Worst than I thought!"

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Although they are not to blame for everything, this Government does have a lot to answer for.

They have a real talent for cocking stuff up. The sale of the Post Office is just one example.

Look at the rise in tuition fees to £9000 a year. Reports now suggest that student loans are expected to be written off at the rate of 45p in the £.

What was the point in raising tuition fees from £3k to £9k when almost half would be written off?

It's not as if they weren't warned about it, even I knew it was a cock up in the making.

I won't start on what they have done to the legal system.

They don't listen and they refuse to take advice from or listen to people who actually understand what is going on in their profession.

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
l agree with a lot that is said but l am an immigrant have worked bloody hard all my life been married and still married lots of bad marks then l am an immigrant l have stolen jobs and 2x amazing british men.
Or does the fact l have white skin speak better english than the english and female mean l dont count as a problem?

lf immigrants are taking work from the brits how come we keep hearing there are no jobs so if no jobs how can immigrants take them.

Your vet practice are t..ts often have people who have taken pets on. l work all over the country. lf pet is regular then chances are the problem was know ...person was ill and no questions asked.
lf not regular ask the care home to do a quick note on headed paper for the practice if they get stupid demand to speak to the boss and if need tell him you are taking him to royal college of vet surgeons for his behaviour and changing vets...take said letter to new vet explain to them and they should be fine. l think you will find it is little hitler behind the reception desk to stupid to think.

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
Forgot to add....if you dont like the state of this country and free movement of people spend loads of time touring europe or thinking of leaving to say...live in france.
That means 1) you are taking advantage of freedom of movement across europe 2) and if leaving for good become an immigrant and expect all that is due to others being due to you.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It has always amazed me how the post office can offer a service of next day delivery door to door to every village town city and outpost in this land. We in the large densely populated areas are of course subsidising villages like your own with increased postage charges. Not a complaint just an observation.;)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
....if you dont like the state of this country and free movement of people spend loads of time touring europe or thinking of leaving to say...live in france.
That means 1) you are taking advantage of freedom of movement across europe 2) and if leaving for good become an immigrant and expect all that is due to others being due to you.

I like your perspective - it does seem a little odd when somebody says they're going to live in a foreign country because they're fed up with immigration.

oldsooty

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Having lived abroad for over 20 years, trust me. This country is much better than most. And if you think our politicians are bad, have a look at some in Spain. When we lived there our local mayor was jailed as were quite a few others. The services are being cut and local taxes going through the roof. So before anyone decided to leave for another country, check it out before you go.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Dont get the idea that the worlds richest economy is any better, the roads are like the third world and stealth taxes put the tax bill above the UK. In some states like Connecticut you are even charged property tax each year for your car. To some the grass always looks greener but we know different. We live in the best country by far.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I just love these 'they' rants. Usually means politicians as if they are another species. Most politicians are ordinary folk who, in addition to their jobs, volunteer for local councils, unions, etc. After a good few years they may get elected to local council and even (a few) may get selected by a constituency party as a potential MP candidate. Then there is an election and WE get to vote for them. If they do get elected they can then become an MP for probably less than they were earning before they got the job. They are then accountable to us. In other words 'they' are you and me.
It's called democracy.
If you don't like what is happening to this country the paragraph above explains how YOU can influence it.
No I am not a politician.
I am not really involved in this thread but I think this is wrong , most mps have never had a job other than government and have no idea how anything works outside and walk straight into safe seats, and earn more than they ever would with their trumped up degrees, and they are not us , the normal workers, not picking out any party , they are all the same from the same university's just happen to be in one party or another, whichever one suits them at the time.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am just surprised that the Royal Mail can still provide the Universal Service at all.

Email, instant messaging, fax, online billing, online banking, file swapping services etc etc etc have pretty much killed the daily income the Royal Mail received. Parcel Farce struggled with the competition.

The fact that Royal Mail is forced to deliver daily to every address in the UK by law whereas the competition aren't. And the competition can use the Royal Mails end delivery service at a discount... How the hell they provide any service at all and still stay in business in pretty impressive.

It's the old story of the buggy whip maker.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back