Re: Truma Combi E......anyone come across this one? (1 Viewer)

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
I read on another forum that a Combi E will NOT work on electric only (EL1/EL2) if there is no gas connection.
ive never come across this one and, frankly, find it a bit odd as i cant see what relevance the gas has in EL operation.
Other way around, agreed.....running on gas requires a 12v electric supply.
Anyone seen this posted or experienced it themselves?
what error would you get??

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I just had a look at the fault codes and did not see one for no gas present when 240v option is enabled.

OP
OP
Compactliner

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
thats what i thought, i couldnt see the issue but two posters on another forum were convinced....

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
We had this issue last week whilst away. I allowed the gas to get too low, not paying attention and tried to use the EL1/EL2 no heat from Truma CP alsp forgot to take the back up electric fan heater so we had a cooler than expected night. I thought this was odd too. Resolved the issue after replenishing the gas.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Could I suggest that you ignore the other forums, Compactliner?

It could be that there was too little heat from the electric heater for them to notice that it was there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Ours will only run on electric if on hook up but I assumed that was the norm?😊 But as for without gas haven’t tried that. Note to myself Don’t run out of gas!😊

Last edited:
OP
OP
Compactliner

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
We had this issue last week whilst away. I allowed the gas to get too low, not paying attention and tried to use the EL1/EL2 no heat from Truma CP alsp forgot to take the back up electric fan heater so we had a cooler than expected night. I thought this was odd too. Resolved the issue after replenishing the gas.
did you get an error message?.....or just no heat....would it heat the water?
this seems very mysterious to me?

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Ours will only run on electric if on hook up but I assumed that was the norm?😊 But as for without gas haven’t tried that. Note to myself Don’t run out of gas!😊
Er yes, it needs mains electricity for mains electric operation. Obvious really. Our 6E runs fine without gas. It could be that it went into fault mode when the gas ran out. Then it can be a pain to reset before you switch to electricity. See here:

https://www.truma.com/uk/en/faq/remedy-fault-507-516-517

Once reset, you should be able to switch to EL1 or EL2.

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
did you get an error message?.....or just no heat....would it heat the water?
this seems very mysterious to me?
Yes and it was as a result of me not turning the gas on and the OH tried to set the heating with no gas. We ended up speaking with Truma in Dumfries who talked me through a boiler reset, which initially was a WTF moment but sorted in the end. These problems always seem to occur late Fri afternoons.... DAMHIK

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Does anyone know how to find the thermostat in a Autocruise Starlet 2 2007? I asked the dealer he said they put them anywhere. My reason for asking is
I want to leave the heating on during cold nights ❄️❄️so that if the temperature drops as it does about 3 am I wake up to a warm van🔥🔥

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Does anyone know how to find the thermostat in a Autocruise Starlet 2 2007? I asked the dealer he said they put them anywhere. My reason for asking is
I want to leave the heating on during cold nights ❄❄so that if the temperature drops as it does about 3 am I wake up to a warm van🔥🔥

Mine looks like 10mm bead on the wall

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I want to leave the heating on during cold nights ❄❄so that if the temperature drops as it does about 3 am I wake up to a warm van🔥🔥
I'd expect the thermostat (by which you set the temperature) is near to where any other controls are else on a wall somewhere. What year is your van or what model heater do you have? Someone could post a picture of what you're looking for. The sensor is small and insignificant (in size and relevance to what you want).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are usually like a black raised 'button' around 1cm in size and often stuck in silly places! They don't always have 'Truma' embossed on them like the below, obviously you only see the domed top when installed.

1602587190176.png

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I’ve searched high and low but still can’t find it. In the manual It shows as you say a black round button. It’s not over the door or by the controls. There must be a wire that goes to the heating gizmo. Can’t find a wiring diagram to trace it. Even the dealer said they hide them in strange places. Not in the same place on same models. PS it’s the hot air model.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back