Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
Thanks Alex ...local garage has already tried 3 pooters ... if all else fails I might try the local Peugeot dealer ...who wanted £230 something+vat just to change the oil!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Sounds fair - £30 in oil and filter - £200 per half an hours labour !!!!
I had mine reset in Germany and he tried two before he could reset it .

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Sounds fair - £30 in oil and filter - £200 per half an hours labour !!!!
I had mine reset in Germany and he tried two before he could reset it .
£30 for oil? 6.5 litres at anywhere up to £12 per litre means the oil alone could be up to £78, filter might be anywhere up to £20 and main agent labour rates are easily over £100 per hour plus vat ( many main agents are now paying £15 or more per hour for technicians) plus having to pay employers nat ins and now increased pension contributions, employing good staff is not cheap. Then there's the overheads, rent, rates, insurance, heating, lighting, staff uniforms, non production staff wages etc, etc, etc.

D.

OP
OP
xgx

xgx

Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
At my local (the good guys) the oil was £80-something ... in other vehicle with the same engine they usually charge £4.50/ltr ... however to preserve the warranty one has to pay through the nose

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
You could try this:

It worked for me when I got the flashing oil light, strangely after a service !

OP
OP
xgx

xgx

Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
Thanks, the 'old' mechanical way was tried several times ... and the change the oil display has gone but
....still need to change the service reminder mileage ...

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
£30 for oil? 6.5 litres at anywhere up to £12 per litre means the oil alone could be up to £78, filter might be anywhere up to £20 and main agent labour rates are easily over £100 per hour plus vat ( many main agents are now paying £15 or more per hour for technician

I may have been exaggerating a bit.
The last oil I bought was a high spec, fully synthetic 5/30 from my local main Audi dealer for £18 per 5 litres - £3.60 per litre (What can be so much better about the £12.00 per ltr oil? Is it really 3 x better.)
Plus it often only in there for 7,000 mile - two thirds less than Fiat's own service specs of 28,000 miles.

So I suppose I paid £23.40 for the refill. Genuine Fiat oil filter was £13.38 and I was wrong - the total cost of the oil and filter was £38.78 inc Vat.
I don't have to pay any garage for the oil change but my local garage has the lads do oil changes as its not a very skilled job.
He even has a device that sucs the old oil up the dipstick hole. They can do it in the yard so it doesn't take up any time on the ramps. They are removing the filter while they are waiting for the oil to drain. I would be surprised if it even take 1/2 an hour.

I realise that fortunately I can change the oil and filter myself and in less than 1/2 an hour, so I don't have to pay any garage but even at main dealers £100 per hour rate it should only be 50 quid!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back