Re route cables to opposite side (1 Viewer)

Swills11

Free Member
Dec 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat carioca
Exp
Hi all, firstly I would like to say hi as it's my first post on this group, bought a new camper last week and previous owners had the tv inside a sliding door cupboard above the dinette,
Not quite practical for me as I can see whilst sitting down, now my question is I want to move it to above the door which is on opposite side of motorhome,
Now I'm confident enough of putting g the bracket up but I am wondering how to get the power to other side, currently inside the cupboard where its situated it has a 3 pin plug plate and 12v and aerial socket, I was going to ru it under the over cab bed but not sure about joint ts in cables..
Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Instead of joining cables it would be easier to run new cables back to their distribution points.
You probably don't need a mains socket so you just need to run a cable for 12v back to the 12v distribution unit.
You will have to extend the aerial cable don't use a pre made fly lead, quality is normally poor resulting in signal loss use decent quality satellite cable.

OP
OP
S

Swills11

Free Member
Dec 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat carioca
Exp
Thanks for reply Lenny,
Would I not need a 240v socket for when I was on hook up?
I also can't see how i would connect new feed direct to aerial, don't really want to start taking loads apart. Do you have a link to good quality cable by any chance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When you are hook up all the 12v power will be on just use the TV on 12v assuming it's a 12v TV, that's the normal way.
Any satellite cable will be OK far better than basic aerial cable.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Steve, welcome to the fun house. ?

Do you have a picture of the interior of your MH so we can give more constructive advice?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
options are down and under or up and over if up and over youll probably need trunking across the ceiling

OP
OP
S

Swills11

Free Member
Dec 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat carioca
Exp
Thanks guys, I will get a pic tomorrow and post up what I mean, make more sense then,
Lenny, I feel daft now, as you say why put it on 240v when it's a 12v tv, learn everyday, (y)(y)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Never a daft question on here - we’ve all been there! You get five free posts on the free membership & full membership is £15 per year - be the best £15 you’ve spent on your Motorhome! The experience on here is second to none, and help is only ever a click away! Welcome!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back