Re-registering abroad, anyone done it? (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
JUSTIFICATIF DE CONFORMITE A LA REGLEMENTATION EUROPEENNE SUR LES POINTS ATTESTES NON-CONFORME PAR LE CONSTRUCTEUR
la dans la plupart des cas il s'agit de la transformation en camping car le certificat de conformité aux normes convient donc.

So, from what I get (no, not that easy even if I'm french as it's purely technical!) you have self built your van? Which here, would mean that to get it on the road you had to go to the austalian equivalent of DVLA or DREAL and ask for a europeen certificate of conformity for all the points which are not described in a normal one. We call it "réception à titre isolé". Have you any paper you could send me so I can see if it's of any use? Send it/them via PM if any.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
So, from what I get (no, not that easy even if I'm french as it's purely technical!) you have self built your van? .
No, it was built by a Canadian company called Roadtrek (who are now part of Hymer, but I don’t think that helps). They are very popular motorhomes in Canada and USA, but rare in Europe as they have never been officially imported. I have no documentation at all concerning its original import into the UK.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
just a question if he completes the paperwork do we have to visit dreal in Limoges.

Is it that you want a french COC ? Or is it about something else? Usually he asks you if you want him to take it to Limoges for you and do things on your behalf. I don't know if he still does it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
No, it was built by a Canadian company
Sorry got confused with someone else , add that my head is spinning as I just had a huge children accident , they bumped into each other , and I'm trying to do my best to calm down everyone children and parents:rolleyes:..... So ... Eck ... no paper at all might make things difficult. I'll try and phone him asap. I hope he's not ill just overbooked!

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
@yodeli Many thanks for your help, but I have given up and sold the motorhome.

Maintenant, je cherche un camping-car français!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well.... I guess it was the best to do! If you intend to use "le bon coin" then please , be very careful. Although a lot of things can be bought and sold without any trouble because they are not great value, motorhomes and some other types of expensive vehicles can be source of huge problems.
Also the area you live in can change a lot of things. South, south west, south est, are more risky areas. If any doubt, or need help with French do not hesitate, I can give a phone call and will easily find out whether it's a scam or even worse. Also try to get the registration before you buy it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back