Re-introducing (If That's a word) (1 Viewer)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
First time I introduced us we were thinking about buying a M/home,I asked a few questions
then we left it for a few months whilst we considered our options.
Today we went to a show in Carmarthen and bought a pre-owned Liberty 591-we only went to look,but this ticked all the boxes for us and was within our budget. We were actually looking at a larger Liberty and were told that there was another couple considering it as well.They were thinking of trading in the 591 which they had bought from the same company-as we were thinking about it they returned,and in a rather surreal conversation they ended up going home and bringing back the 591 which we decided was a much better option as a first van for us than the larger one-so,2 vans were sold in 5 mins
and every one is happy.
I will ,doubtless,now be on here asking all the newbie questions as we plan our 1st trip,which should happen in about 3 weeks time
1st Q-is it worth joining any club ? If so-which?
Looking fwd to any replies,Mike

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Good luck Mike sounds like it has fallen into place:thumb:

We are off for the first time in about 3 weeks scary but exciting at the same time:Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Congrats Mike, :thumb: There is a lot of talk about which club, If you like CL's which are the small 5 van private sites, then I the the CC has the best selection of these, that said its a bit like choosing between the AA and the RAC, there is not a lot in it. Have a great first trip:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I notice that people have a short descriptive piece under their names-is this the 'signature'?
Also-Insurance Company are asking what class it is-It's a Liberty 591 Star-how do I find out the Class.?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
1st Q-is it worth joining any club ? If so-which?
Looking fwd to any replies,Mike
Hi Mike, welcome back I am glad you found the van you wanted, please note there is another Rally at Carmarthen in April, I am Marshal for that show so do please let me know if you would like to come. Just click on the link below.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/rallies-meets/15357-carmarthen-motorhome-show-2010-a.html

As to joining a club apart from this one I guess it depends on how you intend to use the motorhome, site sitting, wilding, or a mixture of both. At home or abroad. As a life long wild camper we only ever use sites for shows so membership of a club is an unnecessary expense for us. so you pays your money and makes your choice. Others with more experience of the various clubs will not doubt advise on the best option there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lucysmum

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
Exp
6 whole months!
which club?

hi Mike,

We were at Carmarthen too! Didn't buy anything half as interesting as a new van - just loo paper and toilet chemicals!

We are only a few weeks ahead of you in motorhoming terms and are off for our 1st full week away next week. We joined the CC partly cos theirs was the cheapest insurance and partly cos of access to their small sites - the Certified Locations. We've tried 4 so far (all in Wales) and they have all been great. We have booked another 4 for our week away and all the people there and at the CC seem really keen to help. but can't comment on Caravan & Camping club.

Enjoy your new motorhome.

lucysmum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back