re: Dog Passport / Already travelling with Dogs in the EU prior to Oct 31st - No Deal (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We were also given the same info as alanm earlier this year when we rang Defra regarding having to have the blood test results in our dogs passports to regain entry into the UK. I will point out that for any owners who have had this blood test carried out so they can travel with their pets, cannot travel until 3 calendar months have elapsed from the date of when the blood test was carried out. This is Europe setting this law not Defra law according to Defra.
That’s only if they have had a first rabies jab if your dogs inoculations are up to date ours are not due till 2021 so we could have the test and then if positive travel as soon as we want.?

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I wonder if Allanm and Pedro are confusing the requirements for entering the EU before leaving without a deal with after leaving without a deal. After leaving, the titre test will be required to enter the EU because the EU will treat us as a 3rd country, as has been mentioned above.

I wonder if EU citizens who are travelling in the U K with dogs realise that the same regulations will apply to them if/after we leave without a deal and that they will need to get a health certificate from a UK vet before they can return to the EU.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
I've just got off the phone from DEFRA (the Pet Helpline Tel Number).

I explained that unfortunately we don't have the benefit of being able to wait for the titre test, and then the subsequent 3 months wait to travel.

The Lady was quite adamant that under current laws, and as we don't know what the final outcome of any of the Brexit negotiating will be.

That we would be legal to get the Dogs a passport upon having the Rabies Inoculation, and travel to the EU 21 days after this. She also (as per many of the posts within this thread), said there should be no issue with returning, or any onward EU travel, as at the time of our leaving, we had everything in place as per current legislation.

Not ideal as would have liked to get the titre done for added peace of mind. But we have what we have unfortunately.

THANKS again, for ALL the input.

I rang our Vets after having the above conversation with the DEFRA Pet Helpline Number, and our Vet then started to give me doubts in my head about getting back in without the titre test. I explained to them that it was diametrically opposite, to what DEFRA had told me. But as the doubt had set in, I didn't book the Dogs in deciding to get back in touch with DEFRA to make doubly sure. I got through to a differrent rep who more or less confirmed, verbatim, what the original advisor had told me.

So perhaps the advice has either changed or had been incorrectly interpreted earlier on. But I know I can do no more than I have done now, and I am happy to go with confidence that we will get back in, deal or no deal (unless everybody turns out to be wrong, in which case I can't keep second guessing).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back