Re-covering seating (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Our thoughts of re-furbing just the front two seats have now expanded to doing all the seating. Just wondering what anyones thoughts are on re-covering with leather or fake leather. Does anyone have this on seats? Does it get overly hot when parked up in the sun for example? Just thinking it would be easier to clean dog hairs etc from and more hygienic. All comments welcome! It is going to be quite expensive but at the moment the front wo seats are just not comfortable and thus way we would be matching throughout.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have ours recovered in off white leather, and in an aclass where the seats are well back from the windscreen do not get hot. A dark colour might though. The dogs don't like them as they are a bit slippery so keep off them.

OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Sounds lke a good plan then if the dogs dont like them! A light colour would brighten up our van a lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Having the front seats recovered is not going to make them any more comfortable unless you have the foam and workings sorted too, best to do the whole van as you'll regret just having the front done....
There are threads on here about leather on not but I think it's what you prefer, how do you prefer in your own lounge...? Leather or fabric..?

I prefer fabric as I've had cars with leather and in hot conditions get a sweaty back..!..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back