Re-call on 2015 Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
Picked up my new van (Fiat Ducato) and on the way home the built in sat nav went mad, went to my local fiat dealer and they said the sat nav also needed an update. When it was done last week the dealer said there were 4 other update that required, only took 45 Minuites hey presto all working fine now.

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Parts arrived and ignition switch connector replaced today. New dash fitted at the same time to solve the warning light bleed issue. Just waiting for the solution to the dashboard lighting problem now!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're beginning to sweat a bit. Booked on the Santander ferry for 29th Jan. The Fiat garage has told us that there is a 'backlog' in obtaining the parts. We're trying a different garage on Monday to see if they're experiencing the same backlog. Don't want to set off for 7 weeks in Spain without getting it done. Fingers crossed!
Any luck getting this sorted???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey all, can someone tell me what the dashboard bleed is... I have two lights that look like they are half on (dim) on the dash think it's fuel and something else beside it Mine is a late 2015 model also.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Broadsman.....also Norfolk here. Which Fiat dealer did you go to?

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Hi Stevec - we used Simpsons motorhomes in Great Yarmouth they are Fiat Professional now.

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Hey all, can someone tell me what the dashboard bleed is... I have two lights that look like they are half on (dim) on the dash think it's fuel and something else beside it Mine is a late 2015 model also.
I am no expert but it seems you have what has been described to me by a Fiat Dealer as dashboard bleed. The symptoms seem identical to ours although it was the low brake fluid, oil and ABS warning lights that were glowing. Apparently it is caused by a low voltage 'leak' across the circuit board at the rear of the dash. A diagnostic check at the dealers confirmed the issue and they ordered the replacement part under warranty.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Wouldn't it be strange if our base vehicles were built to last as they used to be.
They always deny a problem and next thing we've got 100 000 on a recall. Well there still a builders van that has a living module fitted I suppose. Good luck to everyone with the recalls. I'll probably have one next month with yet another issue.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am no expert but it seems you have what has been described to me by a Fiat Dealer as dashboard bleed. The symptoms seem identical to ours although it was the low brake fluid, oil and ABS warning lights that were glowing. Apparently it is caused by a low voltage 'leak' across the circuit board at the rear of the dash. A diagnostic check at the dealers confirmed the issue and they ordered the replacement part under warranty.
I noticed that on my x290 but very slightly, mine is outside the current recall VIN numbers. Will see how it goes.:(

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Any luck getting this sorted???

Yes, thanks, @Minxy Girl . We had it done, yesterday, the same day that we finally got our 'valid' pet passport!. Getting the van done was easy and quick, in the end. Have to say that we've been sweating on both issues, though.
Van's all packed now and ready to go tomorrow morning.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back