Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Rumour has it he was going to demonstrate how to rub two fleecies together to start a fire so he wouldn't have been popular there anyway.

Apparently that bit of bad timing has cost him ten grand in speaker's fees - how the other half lives eh?

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Ray Nears was,nt the only one

Lol Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
'Jeremia Clarkson' is the biggest hater of caravan I have seen on TV.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
He was talking about "Statics" !! Does anyone like seeing the coast blanketed with white boxes ?? Praa sands is "wall to wall" with the bloody things !! Right on the beautiful coast !!
But, I see and accept, that they are the only chance of a holiday for some......
Its difficult...

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
He was talking about "Statics" !! Does anyone like seeing the coast blanketed with white boxes ?? Praa sands is "wall to wall" with the bloody things !! Right on the beautiful coast !!
But, I see and accept, that they are the only chance of a holiday for some......
Its difficult...
......and it's better than people buying second homes and destroying our villages......

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Its difficult...

He wasn't cos he said he get a stuck behind them...

Mind you, I hate tuggers too...

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Truth be told he doesn't need the money and hated the gig so did what he did, just wonder how much do these celebs get for going on that (101) type of show?

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Having read the article which noted-

A statement from Pelican Communications added Mears had recorded Room 101 before entering negotiations to appear at the caravan show.

"We feel his agent should have made us aware of this pre-recording the moment we began communicating," it continued.

It appears Mears is easily swayed from his beliefs and opinions at the smell of money. If he felt that strongly about caravans, static or mobile, why go into negotiations to do the show. I notice they've invited him along to the show anyway, to see for himself. I hope they made the narrow minded git pay for his ticket.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back