Rather rude awakening !! (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
The night before last I decided to go sleep in one of the spare bedrooms as my other half was snoring his head off.
I was snuggled down fast asleep when all of a sudden I was awoken by a large area of ceiling plaster etc falling on me!!!
There had been a crack in the ceiling but nothing serious previously.
I shouted out and he came running. Part of the debris hit the left side of my face and other very large pieces were on top of me. I was very lucky. If I had been on the other side of the bed it would have been far worse for me I could have had serious injuries. As it is I have a big bruise and swelling down the side of my face and forehead about an inch from my eye. I'm ok nothing too drastic but we are off on Sunday to Germany and France for two weeks so will have to leave the clearing up till we return. Let's just hope the rest doesn't collapse while we are away.
The house was built in 1934 and we can see that under the ceiling is lath and plaster which looks solid - above this area is the water tank!!!
I was thinking of putting photos up but it's late and had a quick look how to, but not sure how to do it. Anyway, if he snores that badly tonight ....... I'll make him go find somewhere cos I'm staying right here!!!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I would be tempted to turn the water off and drain the tank before you leave.

Hope you heal up quickly and no one blames the other half for it :p

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Maybe it was his snoring that brought down the plaster!!
Sorry not funny and hope the bruising soon eases.
Reminds me of my parents similar episode during the war.
Dad was had a fireman and had had a very long shift,mum worked in a munitions factory.
They went to bed exhausted and there was a bombing raid.
Suddenly one very close caused the same as happened to you.Mum woke covered in plaster,shook dad "Bert,Bert wake up the ceilings fallen on me"
Dad,"shut up and go back to sleep,I'll sort it in the morning"
Guess that's how he lived to 96, nothing ever stressed him.
Enjoy your holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
That's going to be very dusty if it's lath and plaster, glad you are not to badly injured.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Glad your injuries aren't worse. Could have been much worse.
I, too, would turn off water and drain the tank before you leave.....just in case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume you sent snoring hubby up into the attic to check if there are any leaking pipes? Of course, that's assuming that he hadn't been pretending to snore in the first place so you'd go and sleep in the other bed and the trap he'd set-up was triggered ... if so he needs to improve his aim! :D2 ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back