Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I bank with Santander .. on line most of the time, and I have been receiving security emails from them when I log on.. they off the Rapport /Truster security program free... see below for what it is... I did try and down load it some time ago on my Dell laptop, but it would not work (Windows 98) now I use a MacBookPro, I gave it another go and it does show up on the sites I use.. I have just activated it on the MHF site and it has accepted it.. It is for use wherever your information goes.. if you recall Google hits us with directed add (think that is what Jim said) .. I have disabled the adds on my connection as I find the flashing ones very disturbing when I am trying to post or read the threads.. but I have this Rapport/Truster running and it comes up whenever I connect to google or ebay or the online banking systems.

Anyone else use it?

details
below what they say it does. ...

What is Rapport?
Rapport is a security software application that provides online transaction protection and protection from online identity theft for consumers. You can use Rapport to protect your web browser sessions with any website that contains private or personal information. Examples include:
- Online bank accounts
- Mutual fund accounts
- Online brokerage accounts
- Email (such as Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail)
- Social networking sites (such as Facebook, Myspace, Orkut, and Linkedin)
- Insurance applications
- Personal medical information
- Online merchants (such as eBay, Amazon, Walmart.com, and Target.com)
Rapport is entirely transparent and does not require you to change the way you work or sign into these websites. It does not require any configuration or maintenance; you simply install and browse safely. Rapport further protects specific identities and sessions.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Trusteer/rapport

Hi, yea we use this for the last 2years, and found them very very good,when was RBS, before them on to us, we get a repport every week of the bad people who try and still our ID Etc,can really recommend this, ha i like ya slogan, its from Cops isnt it!, Cheers Alf:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
I use it on my XP machine and it seems to work very well. It shows a box when I log onto a new site and set a password asking if I want it protected apart from that I never see it.

Mike

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep, it was provided free by Natwest a few years ago and we sue it on all our machines. Useful bit of kit that sits nicely in the background

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I understand they only offer it to customers with over £1000000 in their accounts!!

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have used Rapport for about two to three years now I think. Got it with my Natwest online banking. Seems to be ok, but I guess you won't know it's not till it's too late.

Last week I noticed a payment on my Natwest Credt Card. £194 to E-Buyer. I have never used them. I called Natwest up and they also told me thatbI had two payments to Pix mania for about £280 each, neither of them mine. I'm out of the country, but fourtunately can still check my balance online.

The cards were immediately stopped and new ones issued. NatWest said I would have to fill in the forms to claim back the fraudulent payments.. However all 3 payments have been refunded already, and I'm not even home yet for another 10 days.. I have no idea where access was gained to my cards but at least Natwest dealt with it very promptly. I'm just glad that I frequently check my balances onlinf,e otherwise who know how much would have been spent on my card.

Callum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back