Rapido (1 Viewer)

I

iandsmjohnson

Deleted User
Hello, we just ordered a new 9048FD which we saw a couple of weeks ago. The layout and quality of build and fittings was really good and for a small A class there is plenty of room inside, there is a nice bathroom and kitchen area. The engine is the 2.3 130 bhp direct injection diesel. This is said to be more powerfull than the old 2.5 turbo we had previously and on a test drive this was certainly the case, quiet, plenty of power and responsive. We had intended to buy a used camper for a lot less money but were so pleased we bit the bullet to find another 10K. I should add this is the first Rapido we will have owned so we are not experienced with the make. I think the qulaity is better than Pilote, the other French make and interior more comfortable than Burstner, our original choice. I think the Rapido is probably as good as the Hymer A class models. However if it is as good as it seems we will be well pleased. By the way, Rapido only make motorhomes now but they used to make caravans which had a good reputatiuon

H

Huckleberry

Deleted User
Just traded in my 2005 Rapido 7087 for a 2008 model 9048DF. Agree with previous post re lounge, kitchen and small room(surprising large shower area). It took me 3 days to return my 7087 to original spec and it looked like new. Some of the modifications will be repeated in the new van - take out the big table, remove the metal drawer unit under the sink and replace with a shelf, change the carpets, put in a water filter etc.
The new engine,2.3 and 6 speed gear box are great so far.
Only drawbacks so far is that I can't use the secumotion gas supply with my gaslow cylinders and Fiat have told Rapido not to charge the vehicle battery from the cbe charger.
If you have any questions specific to the 9048DF I'll try and answer them.
Huckleberry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

I

iandsmjohnson

Deleted User
When I get it

Thanks for your reply I will let you know how it is when I get it, finish and PDI etc. If anyone else had info on Rapido campers in genereal and the 9048 in particular i would be interested to hear from them.:

DavidRapido

Free Member
May 4, 2008
Funster No
How is it so far

Hi

I am just contempling ordering a 9048DF - what do you make of it so far?

Many thanks

David

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
We have had a 1998 Rapido 740f for 18 months (our first motorhome) and have been looking at replacing it next year but cannot find anything of the same quality as the Rapido. So I think it will be another Rapido or we may keep what we have, we just want a change of layout thats all.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi

I am just contempling ordering a 9048DF - what do you make of it so far?

Many thanks

David

Hi, if you want good after sales service from a guy who knows Rapidos backwards, go to Caravannes Rapido, Wokingham, Berks.

Martin, the owner knows how to treat customers.

Peter

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I'll echo what others have said. we had a 985F A class Rapido, we loved it. Only gripe was the small bathroom. We only changed it for our curent motorhome as we need more space for fulltiming. I would definitely buy another one.

ken

OP
OP
L

largodandle

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Many thanks to all who contributed here. We were living in France and started out with a Rapido caravan which we loved. We then changed to Rapido motorhomes and enjoyed them too but the last one we had seemed to be delivered before all the preparation had been sorted and we were disappointed. It was the layout we wanted ((924) however it was discontinued very quickly. We are back in the UK now and have bought a 1998 Autosleeper and, I must say, love it more than any of the Rapidos we had. British vans seem to be generally more comfortable where French ones emphasise the dining area and TABLE. I note some have done as we did -removed them and replaced with a smaller one.:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back