Rapido Warranty Work - Contact Details Needed (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Has anybody any contact details at Rapido that i can either call or email to try and speed up some warranty claims that i am still waiting for (over 5 weeks now) just to get approved. I expect this is not all down to them but at present all i get from the dealer is that it has been submitted. Now i appreciate that everyone is busy but to take 5-6 weeks and still on going just to get approval is taking the p***.

Our MH is under warranty as only a couple months old but i am getting tired of the same replies from the dealer. (dealer saying yes the claim has been submitted, yes i can see there is a note on the system saying you have chased this and that the claim has been submitted (again), i will see what we can do but we are waiting on Rapido (same replies on each call)

The issues i dont think are even complicated but some are really annoying as noisy.

Issues with catches leaving sliding cupboards to fling open when driving sending tins etc everywhere
Blinds not lining up when closed so being replaced
Multiple decals peeling so need replacing
Hurrendous noises when loweing over cab bed (we tried not to wake the grand kids whilst away this weekend at Longleat when doing this.) 2nd time in for this
Garage retainer for the door coming loose (rivet) now damaged the actual door as catching
sensor on garage door not working again (3rd time this has failed),when fails the central locking will not lock until it is then disconnected.
They need to clean up the sealant around garage door as it is all over the place from our last visit last month following on from water getting in.

As you can see nothing too serious but some are getting to be repetative and i dont think it is unreasonable to expect this to be approved by now considering the 6 figure sum paid.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Quite sure Shiftzz will give you the MDs address and tel no .message him lol.
Thanks for the info, i will tag him in the thread @ShiftZZ hopefully he will then see it.
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I got this from another Motorhome forum:
Speak to Anthony Pfaff on +33243301070. speaks perfect English. email is info@rapido.fr
It was 5 years old so may not be current. Please would you post if successful?

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Have you considered approaching another dealer, I would imagine that which ever dealer gets the approval will get to do the work?

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
my previousanswer was from Motorhomefacts. I guess I should credit them! I also found this with an additional email address on another forum:
Outandaboutlive

Your best contact in France is Anthony Pfaff he is English and most helpful. He may take a while to answer you as he travels all over the world. His email address is assistancetechniqueap@rapido.fr or ring 03390)243301070 and ask for him.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Have you considered approaching another dealer, I would imagine that which ever dealer gets the approval will get to do the work?
The issue with this is that they want to charge me to look at the issue before they will then put the warranty claim in and the nearest dealer to me didnt want to know (wokingham, said they were too busy).

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
my previousanswer was from Motorhomefacts. I guess I should credit them! I also found this with an additional email address on another forum:
Outandaboutlive

Your best contact in France is Anthony Pfaff he is English and most helpful. He may take a while to answer you as he travels all over the world. His email address is assistancetechniqueap@rapido.fr or ring 03390)243301070 and ask for him.
Excellent thanks, i will call them.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Just as as easy to message him lol
Of course but if there is someone else like me and they dont mind then it would be good for all to be able to see the info. If for any reason they dont want to put the info on here i will then talk to them directly.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
If your MH is only a couple of months old I would expect the supplying dealer to be active in getting your work done. Would trading standards be helpful? Sale of goods act?

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
If your MH is only a couple of months old I would expect the supplying dealer to be active in getting your work done. Would trading standards be helpful? Sale of goods act?
Called them again today and waiting for a call back which will probably not happen, the issues are not serious but they are issues none the less and i would expect them to be at least approved so i can book it in. Very frustrating which could be avoided i am sure.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The issue with this is that they want to charge me to look at the issue before they will then put the warranty claim in and the nearest dealer to me didnt want to know (wokingham, said they were too busy).

You mean they actually responded to you? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

That's a major miracle.

I bought my van from them and since that day they've completely ignored all attempts I've made to contact them even when I wanted to spend more money with them.

Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
You mean they actually responded to you? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

That's a major miracle.

I bought my van from them and since that day they've completely ignored all attempts I've made to contact them even when I wanted to spend more money with them.
I sent them an email and they replied about a week later, they were not helpful as basically telling me to go away as i didnt buy it from them which to some degree is fair enough but not helpful as i would of probably used them for more which in time they would of made money from me. there was another dealer when i had an Elddis that did exactly the same near Theale and they didnt want to know either even though i offered to have some work done whilst it was in which would of cost me around 1k but again didnt want to know. So much for the nationwide dealers spiel they all come out with.

I tried to buy closer to home this time but they were just not competative on price compared to the deal i made, if i was closer i would just go an drop it off and say bloody sort it and give them a timescale to do this but i am too far away. Each trip cost me over £100 in fuel plus at least 2-3 days which is also more costly when self employed. I did expect a certain amount of teething problems which would be ok if i could get them fixed in a timely manner.:(

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I sent them an email and they replied about a week later, they were not helpful as basically telling me to go away as i didnt buy it from them which to some degree is fair enough but not helpful as i would of probably used them for more which in time they would of made money from me. there was another dealer when i had an Elddis that did exactly the same near Theale and they didnt want to know either even though i offered to have some work done whilst it was in which would of cost me around 1k but again didnt want to know. So much for the nationwide dealers spiel they all come out with.

I tried to buy closer to home this time but they were just not competative on price compared to the deal i made, if i was closer i would just go an drop it off and say bloody sort it and give them a timescale to do this but i am too far away. Each trip cost me over £100 in fuel plus at least 2-3 days which is also more costly when self employed. I did expect a certain amount of teething problems which would be ok if i could get them fixed in a timely manner.:(

I don't know which dealer you're using now but Highbridge (and Rapido) have been fantastic when I've needed help with a few bits and pieces, some warranty and some not, even though I didn't buy the van from them. They even ordered me a new shower mixer and posted out for me to fit myself as a warranty claim based on nothing more than my description of the problem and a couple of photos. To be fair though the van has never needed to go into their workshop which tends to be booked up 6 months out for non-emergency work.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I don't know which dealer you're using now but Highbridge (and Rapido) have been fantastic when I've needed help with a few bits and pieces, some warranty and some not, even though I didn't buy the van from them. They even ordered me a new shower mixer and posted out for me to fit myself as a warranty claim based on nothing more than my description of the problem and a couple of photos. To be fair though the van has never needed to go into their workshop which tends to be booked up 6 months out for non-emergency work.
They are a little way from me but closer than the current one in Newark, once these are sorted i think i will see what they say if i get any more issues. The trouble is if i go with someone else now they will need to submit a new warranty claim and where i have numerous issues i would suspect they will want to see it which causes more trouble as it is a long way to go just for them to look at it and then send in a claim. But having said that if they dont charge to look at it then that is def a bonus and one i will be considering on any future issues. I nearly brought from them but they never had a 10000 and said it would be 2018 if i wanted to order one which they said they couldnt do anyway. I think this is because they have now stopped making them from now which may not of been communicated till this year.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Emailed them and will now wait to see what they say. Thanks for the info :)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
So where do i stand with giving it back as dealer now says Rapido refusing work due to being over estimated or they dont think it needs what they are saying it needs. This is not my problem as all i want is the issues fixed. This is i think down to the overcab bed making the hurrendous noise when being lowered even after it was lubricated when it was in there last month. The fact is that i would not of known that had it not been for someone else at the dealer trying to find out for me today.

I am probably over exagerating by giving it back but it certainly makes me want to.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if it were me, i would arrange a factory visit over in france if the dealer you are using is crap

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Worth a pop..

Vincent Rabut

Responsable Marketing, Rapido Campings-car

VRabut@rapido.fr

or the CEO
Pierre Rousseau
PROUSSEAU@rapido.fr

pr_1.jpg
This is what he looks like

(y)

Let us know how you get on...

du162

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
A Clss
Exp
check out the consumer rights act 2015. its now geared in the buyers favour. "which" do a template letter which is great for threatening your dealer with, works a treat

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi,
I also have a new Rapido and would like to know how you stand if you took it to the factory to get warranty work done, i dont mean out of the blue but if you booked it in, i know people go to the Hymer and Burstner factories to get all sorts done. you almost past the factory when going to the west of france, there is not enough Rapido dealers in this country thats one of the problems. I thought i had a problem with my shower so i rang them in Newark said i was going to Spain on 4th Jan can i call in on the way past so they could have a look, oh yes but it will have to be March 28th they really help you out.
Bill.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
So i emailed Rapido at around 3.30pm yesterday, i left work at 4pm and had a call from the Customer Services manager at the dealer saying they have received my email from Rapido (now that was very quick). Apparently it is not being held up by Rapido but by the dealer as Rapido are waiting to speak with the engineer on why they think the over cab bed hydraulics need replacing (surely not for 5 weeks though). Hopefully will hear something today and this will start to be blinking sorted out as being told the warranty was refused certainly gets the blood boiling.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Good result, tipical UK dealer. Most Continental manufacturers have in there contracts for their franchised dealers that the dealer is required to do warranty work for the brand regardless of where the van was bought.
A friend had a problem with the Carthago dealer near Portsmouth after an email to Carthago and the dealer was very helpful.
Our local Hymer dealer is very helpful, sorted out a few problems on our last van which was bought in Belgium.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Good result, tipical UK dealer. Most Continental manufacturers have in there contracts for their franchised dealers that the dealer is required to do warranty work for the brand regardless of where the van was bought.
A friend had a problem with the Carthago dealer near Portsmouth after an email to Carthago and the dealer was very helpful.
Our local Hymer dealer is very helpful, sorted out a few problems on our last van which was bought in Belgium.
I will ask Rapido that question as it will be a lot better if i can find someone closer to home.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi,
I have to say the bosses of these M/H companies are not muppets you complian to them about the dealer and they will get on the case or in the end bad reviews equals bad sales equals lower profits.
Bill

Reactions: zac

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So i emailed Rapido at around 3.30pm yesterday, i left work at 4pm and had a call from the Customer Services manager at the dealer saying they have received my email from Rapido (now that was very quick). Apparently it is not being held up by Rapido but by the dealer as Rapido are waiting to speak with the engineer on why they think the over cab bed hydraulics need replacing (surely not for 5 weeks though). Hopefully will hear something today and this will start to be blinking sorted out as being told the warranty was refused certainly gets the blood boiling.
As the dealer is trying to get them to replace the hydraulics rather than try to fix the issue, I can see why Rapido have 'refused' the work until they get a satisfactory answer from the dealer's engineer to confirm it IS necessary, so a kick up the dealer's bum seems to be required to get the engineer to give Rapido a ring!

I've been waiting for some stuff for my Globecar for 6 months ... 'lost request' etc, mistakes on claim itself etc being blamed from what I can recall ... flaming nuisance to me though!

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
As the dealer is trying to get them to replace the hydraulics rather than try to fix the issue, I can see why Rapido have 'refused' the work until they get a satisfactory answer from the dealer's engineer to confirm it IS necessary, so a kick up the dealer's bum seems to be required to get the engineer to give Rapido a ring!

I've been waiting for some stuff for my Globecar for 6 months ... 'lost request' etc, mistakes on claim itself etc being blamed from what I can recall ... flaming nuisance to me though!
I agree but as this has already been in to have this fixed and i was told that they have done all they can do to it i.e. lubricated it and if it returns then it will need replacing. I have no doubt that if they had actually bothered to actually call Rapido whilst they had my van and ask them how to fix it then it may not need to go back causing me to lose another £100 in fuel and approx 2-3 days. I do not have a lot of faith in the dealer as when i first had an issue with not being able to lock the doors on the remote as it kept saying door open, i took back to them after picking it up from SAP and they then continued to say that this is not rapido wiring and it must of been added after it left them. This was of course utter rubbish as the week before i picked it up and then dropped it off at Micks to have E&P fitted and then drove straight back to Dealers on way back. The fact they dont even know their own vans that they sell is very concerning, they kept saying they have never seen this before, i did point out that they have not got any 10000's instock and this was the only one. At one point they even pointed the finger at Mick which was of course a joke as he had not been anywhere near the door looms.

Things seem to be moving since getting Rapido involved so i am hoping this will now get done asap without me chasing. One can but hope :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back