Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Hi All :)

We have a Rapido 891M and like many others find the table just too large. Has anyone changed their table to something smaller or have a suggestion replacement?

Thanks,
Mary

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I believe that Rapido make a drop leaf version. Best to speak to Wokingham Rapido or direct to Anthony Pfaff at Rapido in France. We too would like a drop leaf version for our Concorde but have seen anything out there yet.

Just seen this on ebay.

Link Removed

BJ Leisure in Nottingham may be able to advise you of an alternative

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , I still have in the wardrobe original table, but as it was too cumbersome I made up a swivel leg table arrangement, bits bought from O'Learys.
Our vehicle has 2 side bench seats , so as you can see from photo's when driving or not in use, it swivels out of the gangway when required it swivels between both side seats ideal for just the 2 of us to eat etc. Table top is 2ft by 2ft.
Terry:sin:normally but today:rain::rain::rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Table & Screen 003.JPG
    Table & Screen 003.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Table & Screen 004.JPG
    Table & Screen 004.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Table & Screen 005.jpg
    Table & Screen 005.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 106

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a 786F and the table is huge, yes it folds in 1/2 but its still too big.,. Did ask Rapido but they did not have a solution..

If you find out, let me know..

Dave

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we have also gone with a swivel leg table as shown above, but a round one. perfect for 2 or 4 to sit and eat and moves out of the way when not in use

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
We have the folding table with lots of ajustment slides or swivels about in any direction one requires.We tend to use it both open or folded and its no problem.:thumb:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Had the same problem in my Hymer - huge table!

Removed it in it's entirety including the pillar on which it is mounted. Fitted a Fiamma socket on the floor where the original pillar was fixed, had a table top madebto my measurements by Rainbow Conversions, fitted the Fiamma socket to the bottom of the table and then use their pillar to mount it when needed.

Whilst travelling the table lives on top of the drop down bed and the leg is clipped inside the wardrobe.

When we stop for a cuppa, lunch etc en route it literally takes a couple of minutes to put together. It is very stable in use. In the evening we tend to dismantle it as it gives us a much greater space to lounge in. :Smile:

Mike

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Both my previous Burstner and current Hobby had enormous German tables. Ok so they slid around from side to side and up and down - but they were still enormous! Took both of them out and stored them. Use a folding Gopak Contour table as a replacement - lightweight but sturdy, comes in a range of sizes and finishes, has a leg at each corner with no cross-braces to get in the way. When not in use it folds flat and I store it in the cab.

Link Removed

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Another option might be to convert your existing table to a drop leaf.

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Hmmm... A choice of options there to ponder on. Thanks folks. A table top from Rainbow Conversions seems like a possibility and their price is good. Some MH bits and pieces are extortionate. Removing the whole thing and using a folding table is another option of course, though finding one substantial yet small enough is another thing.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I removed our HUGE Chausson electric table and replaced it with a Rainbow tabletop with Fiamma island leg system.

Lots more room for putting on ski boots now!:thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Table

Hi

We use a 60cm circular table top (this was on a swing arm) and have mounted it on a Fiamma Tripod that we bought from Johns Cross ages ago. The top is very light weight, the bottom is heavy - it never moves on the road etc.

There is a pic of it on my Link Broken - it is item 14 on our modification list!

Russell

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Both my previous Burstner and current Hobby had enormous German tables. Ok so they slid around from side to side and up and down - but they were still enormous! Took both of them out and stored them. Use a folding Gopak Contour table as a replacement - lightweight but sturdy, comes in a range of sizes and finishes, has a leg at each corner with no cross-braces to get in the way. When not in use it folds flat and I store it in the cab.
I am going to have to do something about it as well, in our Hobby the table drops to make the base of the 3rd double bed which we do not use and it weighs a ton, I have difficulty moving it

May get Rainbow to make me one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back