Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi everyone,
Just thought I will start the posts for the Rapido section.
I have a 786F 2003 model and I have never ever sat on a more uncomfortable seat. The problem is that the swivel mechanism sticks up into the seat, just where my bottom rests. If anyone knows of a cure I will be happy to hear it. The other problem with the seats is there is no up and down adjustment, so if you suffer from a long body like me the top of the screen cuts of your view of the road. I will be happy for any cure to this problem as well. I am sure I will not be the only one that suffers from these problems. I look forward to your suggestions.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The driving possition in many instances is spoiled by the very piece of equipment you complain of ,the swivel mechanism, th original base vehicle was proberbly not designed to have one, ergo you sit higher the cusgion was almost certainly reduced also to help with the height problem
1. Remove swivel (as many do)
2. Reinstate cushion to original spec or
3, Alter seat mounting base to suite your preferances
4.Change seats entierly
5.Buy an RV:ROFLMAO:
sorry cound'nt resist
Geo
ps If your new here Welcome, hope you find the site enjoyable

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
5.Buy an RV :ROFLMAO: Much more satisfying than repairing/replacing the originals.

Obvious solution GEO :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Awwwwwww come on you two.....give the poor guy a break! He's only just got here, you don't want to scare him off already do you?

Don't pay any heed to these two, they are our resident comedians (well, two of many.....hence the name MotorhomeFun) ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
flyboy

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I would buy an RV if I could find a site that would let me on - or get on - when I over winter in Spain, it would even be good if I could get down the roads!!!
Don't worry I don't scare easy. It's good to have banter.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I would buy an RV if I could find a site that would let me on - or get on - when I over winter in Spain, it would even be good if I could get down the roads!!!
Don't worry I don't scare easy. It's good to have banter.

Tons of sites in Spain flyboy, .., you know you want one .. :winky:
Next excuse, too heavy on juice.. ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

W

wurdsmiff

Deleted User
Hi everyone,
Just thought I will start the posts for the Rapido section.
I have a 786F 2003 model and I have never ever sat on a more uncomfortable seat. The problem is that the swivel mechanism sticks up into the seat, just where my bottom rests. If anyone knows of a cure I will be happy to hear it. The other problem with the seats is there is no up and down adjustment, so if you suffer from a long body like me the top of the screen cuts of your view of the road. I will be happy for any cure to this problem as well. I am sure I will not be the only one that suffers from these problems. I look forward to your suggestions.

Hi, I didn't spot anything useful in the other replies so I pass on the solution I use. The previous pilot of my newly aquired pre-loved Rapido must have been a tad overweight or spent hours in the seat. I can feel every nut, bolt and washer in it. I went to the local foam supplier and got him to make me up a wedge shape of his best quality foam. Problem solved for under a tenner. AND I get to look down on my fellow road users (particularly RV drivers - even tho they are seated higher) from my elevated position as I feel is my correct station in life.

If you are getting half as much pleasure out of your Rapido as we do from ours you ain't doin' too bad.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i would think flyboy has solved this problem by now........the thread is 13 months old....:Doh:

but just in case he hasnt....there is a dealer does the shows who has reduced height seat bases for ducato's ect. they look to be around 4" lower.
seem to remember they cost around £90 each though

cant remember the guys name :Sad:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
you RV wallahs , how many miles to the gallon do you get ? how much to get to portugese border including ferries ? :cry:

If you need to ask..... you can't afford one ..
Stick with the ice cream van .. :roflmto::roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
you RV wallahs , how many miles to the gallon do you get ? how much to get to portugese border including ferries ? :cry:
Hiya if you target your question ie specify engine, fuel type and rig size maybe we can help, also preferred route ie Dover to Calais, Portsmouth to Santander
Geo

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
i would think flyboy has solved this problem by now........the thread is 13 months old....:Doh:

but just in case he hasnt....there is a dealer does the shows who has reduced height seat bases for ducato's ect. they look to be around 4" lower.
seem to remember they cost around £90 each though

cant remember the guys name :Sad:

If you ever remember John, I'd be pleased to know who he is.

Thanks
John

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
So reading this does it say that our " fun " members have not found an answer to this problem. I am a member of this site because I beleive the people involved love what they started ie Jim etc , at present I am a member of other forums but maybe not for long, believe in this ...Come on folks , fun is ok but sometimes FACTS is what is needed. Answer the question if you can....... or don't if you can't.

Lampie

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So reading this does it say that our " fun " members have not found an answer to this problem. I am a member of this site because I beleive the people involved love what they started ie Jim etc , at present I am a member of other forums but maybe not for long, believe in this ...Come on folks , fun is ok but sometimes FACTS is what is needed. Answer the question if you can....... or don't if you can't.

Lampie

Hi Lampie
I take your point but I think that's a little harsh, the post was answered, the banter that followed was light hearted and in good spirit..

It's better than some of the abrasive posts I've read on 'other' forums where members are scared to post in case of ridicule.. or worse.

Give the 'facts' .. yes, but a bit of banter thrown in lightens up the dullest day..:Smile:

2escapees

Deleted User
Despite those RVers comments you have bought a great FRENCH motorhome. I did 29,000 kms in my Rapido this year Beijing and back! I just put a cushion on the seat it works fine.

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I have suffered the same discomfort but been in lidl and they have some great seat cushions in at present £6.99 they work perfectly

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have suffered the same discomfort but been in lidl and they have some great seat cushions in at present £6.99 they work perfectly

I went to the local foam supplier and got him to make me up a wedge shape of his best quality foam.

this is only half of flyboys dilema.........not only is it a case of the cushion being soft its also a height problem.
a new cushion will only increase the height which is the other problem.
the seat is too high to start with which is a real problem if you're tall....or the roofs too low :ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you ever remember John, I'd be pleased to know who he is.

Thanks
John

John,

Your Dethleffs has such a tall windscreen you wouldn't have problems with the top of the windscreen even standing up Laughing:
My rapido seats are actually very comfortable though I miss the pump up lumbar support I had on the dethleffs.:
My suggestion for this problem is a haemorroid ring (sure I've spelt that wrong perhaps we could start a new thread on how to spell it, I'm sure there are many opinions):ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back