LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Can anyone offer any advice and the A class rapido's, good and bad please and quick lol.

i'm thinking brand new A Class i1090 Model

Best dealer to buy from as well, i’m up in West Yorkshire so Brownhills and Spinney I think are the nearest to me. I’m not a fan of travelling hours to get it mended 😱👍 so have I missed an obvious one

many thanks

Al

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Mines a low profile and only 6m so, happy with build quality and layout (compromise is the shower, all MH there will be a compromise.)
Well not too many Rapido dealers scattered around the country. 6? I live in Northampton so 150miles (spinney or Simpsons) or 80 (Brownhills or Wokenham) was the choice. So whats in another 70miles at least they are not in Belgium? I bought from Simpsons in Great Yarmouth and happy i did.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Mines a low profile and only 6m so, happy with build quality and layout (compromise is the shower, all MH there will be a compromise.)
Well not too many Rapido dealers scattered around the country. 6? I live in Northampton so 150miles (spinney or Simpsons) or 80 (Brownhills or Wokenham) was the choice. So whats in another 70miles at least they are not in Belgium? I bought from Simpsons in Great Yarmouth and happy i did.
thanks very much for your info

is the quality better than an Autotrail I suppose is what i’m wanting to know as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
We have a Rapido A class 991Df 2013, 7.3m
Very happy with the van and the dealership, Simpsons.
Have had it 6 years, no problems , prior to that we had an Autotrail Tracker FB,
new from Simpsons, again no problems, overall would say that build and quality of fittings etc are superior on the Rapido.
Never kept a van as long as this one, but we now have a van that suits our needs, so no reason to change.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We had a 10001 3.0 tag for 5 years great van never did have any issues,
Clownhills would be my LAST choice,
We bought a brand new Chieftain from them in 2010 dreadful nonexistent service.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
just arrived at Brownhills and it’s nearly empty 😱

Going down to SMC next, not Rapido dealers but any feedback from anyone please

Al 👍

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I had a 2006 rapido Aclass and was very pleased with the quality…👍🏼

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Why are you changing Al n Val ? Your Autotrail looks fab, in the classifieds, not my choice but it looks great all the same

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Why are you changing Al n Val ? Your Autotrail looks fab, in the classifieds, not my choice but it looks great all the same
God knows :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love our Comanche tbh, it does everything we want it to and does it very well, no drama, just a lovely cruising about motorhome, am I selling it to you yet lol.

I'll be honest i'm spending some brass, if I don't the kids will and it'll go a lot faster than it was earned, the Rapido floats my boat and all the dealers i've been to tell me the same story, they have no stock until this time next year.

I could be dead and buried by then so i'm off to enjoy spending some money and gonna enjoy it hopefully, just gotta get this prostrate thing, hernia and new hip sorted and i'm off into the sunset all being well

And its got a pair of lithium batteries fitted so why not :ROFLMAO:

Al

PS. i've added a few more photo's now as well

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Gone and done it 👍

9CA08FF3-6FB6-4A74-996D-63EF649BE60A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Ahh another to the fold of Rapido 😊

Looks tidy 👍
It’s only our 2nd motorhome and we’re very excited to get it, the interior is quality which is what we were wanting.

The dealer is desperate to get ours in PX but I’d rather it went privately tbh so hopefully with the interest I’m getting atm it will go, don’t get me wrong we have loved having the Comanche especially with the interior lounge space which is important to us, but this is on another level in my opinion quality wise.

Al 👍

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Lovely van Al you will ❤️ the new 9 speed 👌
yeah the ZF box is known for being excellent, we’ve had it in Val’s BMW for a while and it’s very smooth up and down the box.

I’m a fan of the Comformatic tbh and would much rather have it than a manual so very much looking forward to this new machine with the ZF.

Another question if I may, our Comanche has E&P levellers fitted by SAP Doncaster, if it’s sold with all the extras on including the leveller’s i’ll be looking to have new ones fitted to this Rapido,

So looking for anyone with experience of levellers and full air suspension, do you need both?. How much of an improvement with ride is noticed and being a tag axle is air really needed?

If so why?

thanks everyone

Al 👍

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’s only our 2nd motorhome and we’re very excited to get it, the interior is quality which is what we were wanting.

The dealer is desperate to get ours in PX but I’d rather it went privately tbh so hopefully with the interest I’m getting atm it will go, don’t get me wrong we have loved having the Comanche especially with the interior lounge space which is important to us, but this is on another level in my opinion quality wise.

Al 👍
Any pictures of the inside…?

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
If you trade the comanche you should get Mick to swop the jacks over cost about £1500, tag axles ride really well anyway I think with the front uprated springs I fitted rear assist to our tag Dethleffs solely to uprate it, the VB air on the current van is excellent and integrates well with the jacks enabling a much lower level height as it automatically drops the air then levels but it's not a tag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Any pictures of the inside

we took quite a few but the ones on the Rapido website look much nicer

the one we have purchased has more or less every factory extra you can choose, all the packs have been fitted and a few more added extras on top

I’ll be having a word with Mick at SAP regarding air suspension as well and now looking at Solar.

I have 240w on the Comanche but looking at about 300w with Victron Smart controller. I’ll also be having a Victron DC to DC charger fitted as well.

Surprisingly their is physically no room on the roof to have another 85cm dish installed so that will be sold if the Comanche doesn’t sell privately. With streaming I doubt the dish will be missed, or that’s what i’m hoping.

I’ve just been thinking as well, you fill the Gaslow system on the drivers side and diesel on the other, what’s that about 🤔

Apart from Alde heating everywhere there is a Webasto diesel heater which is plumbed into the main diesel tank, I think it’s mounted somewhere underneath as wel,l rather than inside the hab area, much better hopefully.

We’ve never had Alde heating but heard good things about it so something else to look forward to.

Another little feature, we find a switch just below the sink area at the side of the pull out cupboard, this operates the internal central locking of all the cupboards and draws, how posh is that lol.

Can’t wait to get it now if i’m honest and test it all out 👍

Al

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Very nice, I bought my 8066df from Simpsons tried dealing with Brownhills but just to expensive so had any work done at Spinneys at Holmes Chapel eg Hab service at Brownhills £400.00 ish Spinney £160 ish, labour rate was £100.00hr at Brownhills, was £60.00hr at Spinneys but dont quote me may have gone up a bit. Bill

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am not saying Rapidos are great, but when we win the lottery I will update to a new one from our 10 series. Probably the best van we have ever owned

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back