PFM

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Dawlish, Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
The fridge in our Rapido has stopped working. It is going for repair soon but we are booked to go to France shortly afterwards, if it is not mended in time we will still be going. Has anybody tips on how to keep milk etc chilled without the use of a fridge.
PFM

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No idea how to keep milk cold but maybe use the UHT milk they sell in France, this may last longer.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Bucket of cold water works well, just put the milk container in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fellraven

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Maryport
Funster No
MH
Exsis-t
Exp
4yrs
One of those plug in cool boxes from Halfords. Possibly use that sterilised milk sold in France un refrigerated. We used our cool box at Lake Garda last year in a tent and it worked fine, we had it plugged into a portable liesure battery from go outdoors.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its not just milk, but cheese, meat, salad etc ... if it is really a problem then I'd invest in a better quality cooler (not the cheap Halfords one unless you use campsites with EHU to run it off).

castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
I would buy an electric 12 v fridge , with 240 switch over ,large as possible , hopefully you have a garage ,fit a socket if not already there and secure it well. The last thing you want is dodgy food as gone off ! On the plus side you may be allowed a couple of beers chilling down.
I would bet you could sell on after your trip .If not possible then back to old camping days and buy packs of ice from the large supermarkets and keep in a cooler .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
The fridge in our Rapido has stopped working. It is going for repair soon but we are booked to go to France shortly afterwards, if it is not mended in time we will still be going. Has anybody tips on how to keep milk etc chilled without the use of a fridge.
PFM
If your fridge is going to be mended, then it WILL be mended. Do not fret, service centres AND mobile engineers carry all the spares.
They also take great pride in the fact that they won't be beaten by a fault.

BTW :welcome3: to FUN

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
If our fridge stopped working I would be crying as all my nice cold beer would be ejected from their comfy bed in the garage to be replaced by food, better source another fridge for a just in case scenario. :cry:

Don't know if they make these anymore as it is 3 way, Gas, 230v or 12v.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back