Rapido buys WildAx (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Interesting news! The recent spate of acquisitions could be an indication that the MH and Caravan industry might be nearing the top of the boom part of the cycle. Adria also bought by Trigano. I wonder if a buyer will swoop on Bailey - the weakness of Sterling against the Euro must make further UK acquisitions even more tempting.

Rapido already owns PVC firms Campereve (who make Dreamer PVCs for the UK market) and Westfalia who did the original VW campervan conversion in 1952. A quality asset portfolio.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Glad I've brought mine whilst they were independent.

However, sad to see an independent swallowed up into a conglomerate... but it makes sense, Wildax had become too popular, too much demand to remain what was basically a backyard operation.
They need to expand to meet demand for what is an excellent product, but to do that they need outside investment...

Unfortunately, I can't see their USP surviving, the product is good (but the designs can easily be copied), and what made them different was the personal attention & the tweaks you could make to the standard layout. Can't see that being continued after being corporatised.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back