Rapido Alloy Wheel Bolt Release Socket (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Been trying to get a replacement female lock socket for the Alloy wheels on my new van.
I have been advised by Rapido in France that they are AL-KO items, contacted AL-KO they say they do not supply wheel bolts or sockets !!
The normal bolts are 16mm thread with a 19mm head, the locking bolt head is also about 19mm diameter.
Photos of the wheel and bolts.

2014-11-26 12.40.05.jpg 2014-11-26 12.39.14.jpg
Any Idea where I can get a replacement socket, or alternative would be welcome.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
The socket and theft proof wheel nuts come in a kit, as far as im aware the socket is not available on its own,if you loose the socket then its remove the old nuts which can be quite a job.
We come across this quite often in the workshop and we use a dedicated impact tool to remove but sometimes it can be more troublesome.
Have a good look around vehicle they are often hidden,spare wheel,tool kit area could be anywhere as we have often found
HTH

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
I use these, fits more than 1 type, never had a problem
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there,that is the security bolt and it does look very worn.if that was mine i would get a slightly smaller socket,hammer it over the bolt head and remove it and fit an ordinary bolt in place and then remove the rest and do the same.or you could go to any motor factors and buy a new set of security bolts.but you never hear now of wheels getting stolen,they just take the vechicle:eek:.but if they are not in good condition the security bolts can be a right pain.just my opinion for experience in the workshop.
Brian and Jo

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi there,that is the security bolt and it does look very worn.if that was mine i would get a slightly smaller socket,hammer it over the bolt head and remove it and fit an ordinary bolt in place and then remove the rest and do the same.
Thanks, got one of Broken Link Removed from fleabay did the job very well, thanks for the help (y)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We have a Rapido with a similar locking stud but not sure if it will be the same fit, if it is you are welcome to try it at a rally if it dose the job you could remove the studs and replace them with ordinary studs. Alternatively, you can have ours and give us the standard studs.

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We have a Rapido with a similar locking stud but not sure if it will be the same fit, if it is you are welcome to try it at a rally if it dose the job you could remove the studs and replace them with ordinary studs. Alternatively, you can have ours and give us the standard studs.

Thanks for the offer, but I have now replaced the old lock bolts with replacement standard ones, so good to go now.
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back