Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Anyone have the Dragon alarm system fitted. Mine is disconnected and the manuals in French. Would like to reconnect it! Thanks

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I'm not sure it is Rapido specific. Are these the people? Link Removed

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As you are in France and the manuals in french, find an english speaking frenchman and ask him to translate.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As you are in France and the manuals in french, find an english speaking frenchman and ask him to translate.

Peter

Thanks for stating the bl.....g obvious! Thought it better to ask supposed like minded people rather than put on French friends to translate a complete flamin manual...:Angry:

PS Thanks for your, as advertised, free technical advice! Happy boating 'old' chap! Dave

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Johns Cross. posts-7616. thanks-2445
Volusia. Posts-45 thanks-1
Hmmmm. Wonder why:Smile:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Johns Cross. posts-7616. thanks-2445
Volusia. Posts-45 thanks-1
Hmmmm. Wonder why:Smile:

Possibly due to being a member for just a couple of weeks.
Having said that, after thanking you for your comment, I take sarcasm in print from no one. I think you might agree, if you read his comment, my response was more than justified.

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I don't see Peter's response as sarcastic, in fact it seems a perfectly sensible suggestion to me. Having said that I doubt if the manual will prove to be of much help as it will most likely be a user manual rather than an installers manual.

D.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I have never heard of this Dragon alarm you have, would that have been fitted by Rapido from new ?

Our Rapido Van never came with an alarm, only the factory fitted immobiliser.

Is you motorhome lhd and registered in france, or do you live there and have exported it.
just wondered why your instructions are only in french, most things these days have them in loads of languages, and looking at the dragon alarm web site, they are in the uk, or is that not the company that supplies and fits the alarm you have ?

If your looking at having a new alarm fitted, I would say the Strikeback alarm is the best you can get, had it fitted in two motorhome and never any problems, unlike some that are designed for cars and keep going off for no apparent reason.:Doh:

Link Removed

:thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Chris answering this time:Smile: we live in France and bought it here as it is extremely difficult to re-register a motorhome imported from anywhere else :RollEyes: instruction books in France for most things have every language EXCEPT English believe it or not :Eeek: makes me cross and makes Dave even crosser:Angry: but I agree, we had an alarm once that was a complete nightmare, it had a routine that you had to follow in order to start the engine .... If you (and I mean me!) had a memory lapse all hell broke loose:Eeek: either that or it sulked for a while and you had to start again:Angry:

So if we can't sort it we may well be looking for an alternative so thanks for the link:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Chris, if this is the alarm fitted, try contacting them and see if they would send it in english.

Link Removed

::bigsmile: Bob.

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thank you for that, I have just had a look at the instruction book and it looks fairly straightforward ...... A few words I don't understand but the dictionary will ate care of that I hope!

So if anyone living in central France hears a loud screeching noise tomorrow you will know it is me messing about with the alarm remote control:Doh:

If and when I get stuck I will email the manufacturer as you very wisely suggest:Smile:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I don't see Peter's response as sarcastic, in fact it seems a perfectly sensible suggestion to me. Having said that I doubt if the manual will prove to be of much help as it will most likely be a user manual rather than an installers manual.

D.

Come on, come on let's stick together!
Think you are right re the user manual though:winky:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

"Stick together" against whom? Two of the best and most helpful dealers on this forum (Peter and Dave). You have only got Eddie to go for the hatrick. :ROFLMAO:

And, by the way, I am another one who thinks Peter's original post was not sarcastic and your original comment in response was not justified.

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
"Stick together" against whom? Two of the best and most helpful dealers on this forum (Peter and Dave). You have only got Eddie to go for the hatrick. :ROFLMAO:

And, by the way, I am another one who thinks Peter's original post was not sarcastic and your original comment in response was not justified.

Great stuff. Not scored a hat trick for a long time, and never, ever felt the need to kiss ass to service providers, boatyard proprietors or Motorhome purveyors.
Have a nice day, Dave

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Think you are right re the user manual though:winky:

Why has this suddenly kicked off again when the last post was november:Doh: